cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Battery cam on Nest App

ttohumcu
Community Member

I've been using Google Nest (early days of Dropcam) and love the Nest App. I've recently purchased 3 pack Google Nest Cam Battery which forces me to use the Home App (which really sucks). Are there any plans to have option to migrate cameras to Nest App?

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ttohumcu 

One year ago this month, Google Nest's Vice President and General Manager posted the following:

• "we are committed to bringing the experiences and Nest devices you have come to love in the Nest app into the Home app"
  • "we’ve also been working on rolling out a desktop experience for the Google Home app, so the new Nest cameras and doorbell feeds can be viewed and controlled from there. This will launch in 2022. "
  • "we commit to being more transparent with you on where we are taking the camera portfolio."

There has been no update whatsoever since then.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Message-from-our-GM-Updates-for-our-Nest-customers/ba-p/...

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ttohumcu 

One year ago this month, Google Nest's Vice President and General Manager posted the following:

• "we are committed to bringing the experiences and Nest devices you have come to love in the Nest app into the Home app"
  • "we’ve also been working on rolling out a desktop experience for the Google Home app, so the new Nest cameras and doorbell feeds can be viewed and controlled from there. This will launch in 2022. "
  • "we commit to being more transparent with you on where we are taking the camera portfolio."

There has been no update whatsoever since then.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Message-from-our-GM-Updates-for-our-Nest-customers/ba-p/...

Hi folks,

Thanks for visiting the Community. I’m sorry for the delayed response. We appreciate sharing your thoughts with us. The 2nd gen Nest cameras (Nest Camera Battery, Nest Camera Wired, Nest Doorbell Battery, etc.) can only be viewed in the Google Home app and together with your 1st gen Nest camera (indoor camera, outdoor camera, dropcam, etc.) you can view them in the Google Home app. I'd suggest you send feedback about this using the Google Home app. 

Here's how

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours if I won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks for your help, MplsCustomer.

Thanks,

JT