cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Doorbell notifications to multiple people

arbie
Community Member

I just installed my new Nest doorbell (battery) and am (after many troubles) getting notifications on my iPhone and iPad. How do I get notifications on the iPhones of my household members?

5 REPLIES 5

mdr2
Community Member

Hi Arbie,  I think this is the way.  Go into the GOOGLE HOME app to the top level where you see all the devices in your setup.   Then click on SETTINGS (gear with circle around it).  Next click on HOUSEHOLD and use the INVITE PERSON button.   Let me know if this works.

arbie
Community Member

Thanks mdsr2. I had already looked into that, but the problem is that household members can then change all devices and all settings (including security) and that is not acceptable.

mdr2
Community Member

Hi Arbie,  sadly this feature and so many other features are less than 1/2 baked with this terrible terrible (in my opinion) product release.   I returned my cameras and now I'm buying used previous gen cams from ebay.

arbie
Community Member

I hear you: the device itself and the AI is quite impressive, but the software to manage it horrible. The doorbell really should have a separate app. I bought this doorbell because I already have many Google Home devices and now that may be the reason why I will return mine.

mdr2
Community Member

Not to mention the fact that you can no longer view the new camera (battery) line on your computer via a browser.  That is gone as well.