cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Doorbell peeling

DiGi91
Community Member

Hello,

My nest doorbell is now out of warranty as of 2/2022.. Upon inspection the other day I noticed the doorbell is now peeling and flaking. I have already reached out to support and I was given "there is nothing we can do, the device is out of warranty." This is clearly a widespread / common issue based on the multitude of posts about this. Pretty unacceptable "solution" I pay for nest aware and have other nest devices in my home..

Very disappointed here.

5 REPLIES 5

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

I am also Google Nest customer with multiple cameras and doorbells. It seems that the Google Nest Hello Doorbell is plagued with two known design flaws: a front surface that starts to peel after one or two years and a small internal battery that also fails after one or two years (causing the doorbell to go offline when the button is pressed). We have two Google Nest Hello Doorbells that are less than two years old. The internal battery is failing on both of them and the front surface is starting to peel on the newer of the two. Google Nest has told us it is "unable to provide a refund or replacement because both Nest Doorbells are out of warranty."

"Unable"? I suggest that Google Nest is actually choosing to do nothing. I suggest that Google Nest could instead choose to provide Nest Hello customers having either or both of these doorbell failures with a discount on a new, re-designed Google Nest Hello Doorbell that corrects the susceptibility to peeling and that has a user-replaceable internal battery obtainable from Google Nest.

plpalmer1983
Community Member

I had the exact same response from them. When I questioned it the response I got back was short and plainly rude.

If nothing else, hopefully this will inform other potential buyers of the terrible customer service you get with nest.

Likewise, I was not happy with the response from customer service at all.

RDscuba
Community Member

Good post.  I also have an expensive Nest Doorbell that is peeling and overall working like crap.  Most of the time, when someone is at the door, the app just spins and spins when trying to view live and communicate with that person.  I know now not to waste my time contacting Nest, I'm glad there are many alternatives out there.  I will not be replacing with another Nest product.  

DiGi91
Community Member

Love the fact this doorbell still does not work fully in Google Home and probably never will. Having 2 apps for this ecosystem is such a pain...