cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Home Favorites Video Very Slow

BKGUY
Community Member

Hello, I am experiencing very slow motion video on my Google Home App Favorites section.  I am running iOS 17.1.2.  My wife does not have this problem running iOS 16.3.1.  Also video playback on home.google.com is fine.  When I click on a camera on my iPhone running iOS 17.1.2 the specific camera playback is fine.  The issue seems to be isolated to iOS 17 and the Favorites section.  Can you look into this and advise?  Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I'm an end user as well.   I'm on IOS 17.1.2 as well and I'm not seeing that problem.   The only thing I can think to try is this:

#1 POWER CYCLE your iPhone and see if that fixes it. just like any computer sometimes a reboot is all they need.

#2 Try logging OUT of the GOOGLE HOME app (make sure you know the password).   Delete the app off the phone and then power cycle the phone one more time and then re-download the Google Home app and log it and see if that fixes it.

Let me know how it goes.

I already power cycled my phone as one of the troubleshooting steps before posting this.  I also killed all running apps including Google Home in case it was a memory usage issue.  I will try step #2.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Great, let me know if step #2 works. 

BKGUY
Community Member

I tried step 2, deleted the app, power cycled my phone, and re-downloaded and the issue persists.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Wow,,, Thanks for trying that.   I'm stumped on this one.   I think one more trouble shooting step might be worth trying.  Is it possible for you to get another IPHONE (friend or family member) with the same IOS version and try it and see what happens?  I think this would be valuable in that it would 100% point to your particular phone (corrupt software on the phone?) or 100% something on Google's server side.

I don't work for Google but I have a way to try and escalate this with Google to get their help. But I still think the above mentioned idea is worth investigation.  Also I believe IOS 17.2 is coming out very soon and maybe that will make the problem self-correct.

Let me know if any of this gets you fixed up and working.

I don't have the ability to upgrade another phone to this iOS and I'd rather leave my wife's phone as is given the issue I'm having with this iOS.  I do think there is a bug with Google Home and this iOS version.

AccordXTC
Community Member

Just to add to this topic I also have been experiencing the same issue. This has to do with the Google Home app. I run on Android and it does the same thing. I previous to finding this post tried all the provided options and even one step further factory resetting my phone. I also have tested on my wife's Android phone with the same results. 

This is clearly an app issue as it worked perfectly fine but with new releases new issues come.  For context I run:

eero Max 7

Google Nest cam Gen 2 

Google Nest cam Indoor

Nest Hello

I post this only because I want OP to know they are not crazy and this is a Google issue. Will it get resolved? We can only hope.........

BKGUY
Community Member

Since I posted this my wife’s iPhone running iOS 16 started to experience the same issue. It seems to be a google home problem given the different operating systems/ phones all experiencing the same issue. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I just re-read your original post and realized you said it is happening in the FAVORITES selection.  Are you talking about streaming multiple cameras at once on that screen?   Because it might make sense that here is lag there from streaming so much data at once.  I think that might be normal depending on internet speeds.  If you go in and look at just one camera does the video play at normal speed?

Yes it is multiple cameras, but the data is not too much because they all stream fine in Google Home online, the nest app streams them all fine, and google home on iPhone worked perfectly well before the ios 17 upgrade.   One camera plays at normal speed, but all cameras function fine on a pc using chrome browser. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Thanks for the clarification.   I guess I'm not sure what is going on.  Maybe someone else here on the forum can chime in and let us know what they are seeing on their system?