cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I reduce the sensitivity of the Nest doorbell?

Mountaingirl
Community Member

How can I reduce the sensivity of the camera and noise notifications? We live in a very quiet area, with no visibility to the street (4 acres in the mountains) and yet I get notifications every few minutes for sound or movement. When I check the image there is NOTHING visible or audible. It's now to the point where these notifications are useless bc they are always false alarms.

2 Recommended AnswerS

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi Mountaingirl,  I had the same problem.  Note: The following may only work if you have TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION or a real PAID FOR SUBSCRIPTION:    Get so that you are looking at the live image of from the doorbell.  The click on the GEAR in the upper right corner.  Then click on NOTIFICATIONS and check off that you only want to be notified for PEOPLE.   

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi Mountaingirl,  I had the same problem.  Note: The following may only work if you have TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION or a real PAID FOR SUBSCRIPTION:    Get so that you are looking at the live image of from the doorbell.  The click on the GEAR in the upper right corner.  Then click on NOTIFICATIONS and check off that you only want to be notified for PEOPLE.   

Thank you! That worked!