cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Missing terminal screw

CJ_86
Community Member

Hello all, wonder if y'all could help me out.

I have nest doorbell generation 2 and I am missing one of the 2 terminal wire screws that connect on the back of the wired door bell. The 2 screws that connect the wires to the interior door bell. 

Can anybody recommend what size they are and where I can buy them. They are very small screws that hold each wire to the back of the doorbell. 

Thank you.

1 Recommended Answer

CJ_86
Community Member

Found the fix, for anybody in the future looking for a solution it's a M2x4mm screw, my M2x4mm screws head was too small so I used a washer that came with it and used that to hold the wire down. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Looking back from a post here in 2022 I found this:   

Replacement screws M3 x 8mm countersunk machine screws from amazon

I've got an old gen 1 door bell and those screws are too big/fat for the new ones, I'm assuming those are m3 screws, I'm almost certain this one would need m2 screws if m3 is too big but I'm not sure because there's also sizes in between like m2.2/2.4/2.8 and so on

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

We have an ACE hardware in my town and they have trays and trays of various size screws.   Maybe you have a hardware store like that and you can take the device with you and see if you can find screws to fit it.

CJ_86
Community Member

Found the fix, for anybody in the future looking for a solution it's a M2x4mm screw, my M2x4mm screws head was too small so I used a washer that came with it and used that to hold the wire down. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Excellent, thanks for the  update.  This will defiantly help other people going forward.