cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest App & Google Nest Camera

Alex_Bee
Community Member

Hi, long term Nest user with Thermostat, 3 indoor cameras and 1 IQ outdoor.  Love the user interface, the simple layout and the level of control.  Just bought 2 Google Nest Battery cameras and very disappointed that they're not supported by the excellent Nest App and you have to use the rather clunky Google Home instead. Anyone know if there's plans to rectify this? At the moment you have to use both Apps to get full control which seems v inefficient and frankly the interface isn't a patch on the Nest product which is faster and way more elegant. 

4 REPLIES 4

Lockettconcepts
Community Member

I agree completely!  Anyone know how you can integrate both in the NEST app or view on a desktop/laptop?

Jaynewt11
Community Member

I just got the nest floodlight and for it to only get setup via Home and you cant see it with all your other cameras in the Nest app is dumb.

ChedLasso
Community Member

I’m in the same boat. There isn’t a way to add my Outdoor/Indoor Battery Nest cams to my Nest App, only Google Home…why would I buy all Nest Cams if I have to use 2 different apps…

Shillabr
Community Member

I too am a long time Nest App user and was considering purchasing the Nest Outdoor Cam (battery) to add to my collection but upon realizing that I would have to use 2 different apps (Nest and Google Home) to control my various devices I am now hesitant to go this route.  This is ridiculous and is a continuing example of how to ruin a good product (Nest) by having it taken over by Google.  Come on Google get this corrected so that long term Nest customers are not unfairly punished by your take over!