cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Aware doorbell wired generation one

Comsguy
Community Member

I have a 1st generation Nest Hello which has failed.  So I bought a new one and set it up, I will actually install it tomorrow.  I have a Nest Aware account.  I want to delete the old unit and add the new one which came up with a free trial.   But of course I just want to swap it with the broken one.  I do not see one does that.

Please help.  Thanks.

1 Recommended Answer

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello, I'm an end user like you.  Since this is the older Nest Hello camera you will want to do everything in the NEST APP (not the Google Home app).  

You should be able to remove the old camera by going into the NEST app and selecting the camera that you want to remove.  Then select the GEAR in the upper right corner and scroll all the way to the bottom where you should see the option to remove the camera.

Next, Go back to the top level (where you can see all  your devices) and once again click the GEAR icon.  In there you should see the option to "ADD PRODUCT".  Follow the instruction to add your new camera.   Once added you might have the 30 day free trial but once it ends it will automatically be added to your Nest Aware Subscription for no additional charge.

Hope this help.  Please return here and let us know how it went.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello, I'm an end user like you.  Since this is the older Nest Hello camera you will want to do everything in the NEST APP (not the Google Home app).  

You should be able to remove the old camera by going into the NEST app and selecting the camera that you want to remove.  Then select the GEAR in the upper right corner and scroll all the way to the bottom where you should see the option to remove the camera.

Next, Go back to the top level (where you can see all  your devices) and once again click the GEAR icon.  In there you should see the option to "ADD PRODUCT".  Follow the instruction to add your new camera.   Once added you might have the 30 day free trial but once it ends it will automatically be added to your Nest Aware Subscription for no additional charge.

Hope this help.  Please return here and let us know how it went.

It most certainly does help!  I already added the new unit and it came up with the free trial subscription note.  But there was no mention of the automatic addition at the end of the trial.  I also renamed the old one so I could name the new one as the old one was named.  I set up and tested it with a transformer I had to make it easier tomorrow and then disconnected it.  So it should come right up and be ready to go!  

Thank you for the assistance.  Enjoy the weekend.