cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Aware on Google Home

Marina1
Community Member

Hello,

I recently purchased the Nest outdoor camera (battery) and I was only able to add it to the Google Home app, not to the Nest app (which already shows the 5 other Nest cameras I have) 

so now I can only view all 6 cameras only on the Google Home app (since the latest addition does not appear on the Nest app) 

furthermore, i have the nest aware subscription which I can only use on the nest app- i cannot (or dont know how to) playback clips from the Google Home app for the new outdoor camera

Need Help on both issues please!

4 REPLIES 4

mre8
Community Member

Not an answer, but I think I am having a similar issue. I bought the battery nest doorbell and a Nest Aware Plus solution. I thought I was purchasing the ability to backup video to the cloud, but when I go to the nest.com website, I only see an option for a wired doorbell and that option is greyed out.

The product page for the doorbell indicates that 24/7 recording is not an option (not sure if that is related). The

The google documentation says:

"To offer backup video storage when they go offline, the Nest Cam (battery) and Nest Doorbell (battery) can continue to record and save events to their internal memory, and then upload the video to the cloud when they reconnect to the Nest service"

So confused! I'll make this a separate post, but just wanted to let you know I have similar confusion.

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Marina1and @mre8 

Unfortunately, Google Nest's 2nd gen cameras and doorbells, like the battery camera and battery doorbell, only work in the Google Home app and NOT in the Google Nest app or on the home.nest.com website, as we discovered to our surprise when we bought a battery camera in Sept. 2021. (You can livestream ALL cameras on the home.google.com website).

24/7 video history is NOT available on the battery doorbell even if it is wired, but 24/7 video history IS available for the battery camera if it is plugged in with the optional power cable, as described in this cold weather help topic: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/11830989

The newer 2nd gen (since 2020) "Nest Aware" and "Nest Aware Plus" subscriptions apply to ALL 1st and 2nd gen cameras and doorbells in the same Google Nest "home/structure", but history for 2nd gen cameras and doorbells is viewed in the Google Home app only: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/10904254

Thank you for the helpful information!

Definitely a downside that I won’t be able to see all cameras on the Google Nest app

I don’t usually actively use Google home - Do you know how can I activate the notifications (motion/sound etc) for the camera devices on google home?  For this new battery outdoor camera I recently purchased, I am looking for real-time notifications to watch out for activity- similar to what Nest app enables currently (for the other older camera devices I have)

@Marina1 

Go go to Settings | Events | Seen events for your doorbell in the Google Home app and configure which events you want recorded and the events for which you receive notifications.  You can also set up Activity Zones there.