cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Bell Sluggish Notifications

farhanhubble
Community Member

Sorry if it does not come across as complaining because complaining is what I intend it to be.  I have a Nest bell and I have an Android phone running Home. I still miss my deliveries because I get notified of bell presses many seconds later, by the time the delivery person is long gone.

My phone is on vibration as any normal person would do at work and often the delayed notification also gets lost in the middle of the other non-urgent ones because it does not stand out from the rest. 

What do I need from the bell when someone presses the button? An immediate notification on my phone, along with DISTINCT haptic feedback and the ability to speak to the person within the second even when the bell and I are not on high speed networks. What do I get? A video feed 15 seconds after the guy has disappeared. What else will improve my user experience? Pre-recorded messages on the bell that can tell the person to hang around for a  until I am notified of their presence.

I won't buy that it takes several seconds because of the WiFi is not strong enough or my mobile internet is too slow. There's always a way to send a fast and crisp notification across on even the most outdated networks. Also no excuses about it being the OEM's problem since Home is a Google app and it's to be tested on major mobile variants. 

2 REPLIES 2

Super_paulie
Community Member

Had the same last week. The guy knocked on the door and I took delivery and came back inside. After I sat down on the sofa, there goes the doorbell and the hub shows a feed of outside. About 2 minutes after the guy had actually pressed the bell. No idea what happened but it proves it's sketchy at times.

ArchieTurtle
Community Member

I experience the same with iPhone, I have not been able to communicate with someone from the notification in years. Recently, the notifications of events don't even open up the video stream to the event.

Yesterday, my Thanksgiving guests helped me figure out that the doorbell doesn't ring the inside the house, but half the time you press it. The behavior indicates that the doorbell doesn't establish an internet connection until it is pressed despite being wired. So if you press it immediately after you pressed it before it works, but if you press it after a while then it does nothing. 

If an engineer happens to look at this, the account IS NOT a Google Account, but instead the Legacy Nest Account. I don't want to switch because doing so loses the Apple TV integration.