cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cam Battery - Setup is taking longer than expected

spotcom
Community Member

I purchased 4 google nest cam battery. All of them connect to the wifi without problem. However, when I get to the end, it states "Setup is taking longer than expected, try again later". I've been at this for HOURS now. What's going on? I'm about to just head back to Best Buy and return these camera. 

Please help the community out!

50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem, I bought 4 and will be returning them tomorrow.  I spent 1 ½ hours on the phone with support for them to tell me they couldn't help and to try again later and then to call back.

It's absolutely dreadful. Google should at least put out a statement telling people a system outage is causing issues. At least that would appease me. I'll try again in the AM, but if no luck, I'll return these devices!

anajuliacisn
Community Member

Im having the SAME issue, ive reached out via their messages for customer service where they are troubleshooting me but I already did everything in their troubleshoot pages. -.- i asked if there was a known issue and they said they dont experience issues with completing set up. Yet here we all are 😕

They don't experience issues during setup, yet there are TONS of issues with almost all of their Nest products on this community forum. Terrible...Hope we all get an answer soon!

LevityNYC
Community Member

Helping my dad set up his Nest Outdoor battery. Same issue.

This is his 4th one and we've never had issues before.

Hope we all get an answer soon to our issues. I know they don't care about lost business, since it's Google, but by keeping quiet, they're losing a lot of customers.

zogger
Community Member

getting same issue here in Australia, must be an outage. 

Yakinvasion
Community Member

Is everyone attempting setup on an iOS device, or has anyone attempted setup an android device?

IOS here

iOS and trying to set up a floodlight cam 

To everyone on iOS, this is a google home app software bug. I just attempted with my friends old android phone and was able to successfully complete the setup. 

They just updated their app 2 days ago. My dad was able to setup his camera on Saturday without any issues. 

zogger
Community Member

This sounds like a very possible cause. Good spot... spotcom (fitting name haha)

spotcom
Community Member

🤣🤣🤣I'm laughing and crying on the inside - haha

Good to know, thanks...there was an iOS update today for their app. 

I'm having same setup issue, but with a Nest Doorbell (battery)

Yeah I received (2) indoor and a doorbell today. After resolving the issue with the use of my android phone, I just used it on all the rest of the new devices

iOS device 

JB1071
Community Member

Getting the same issue here

Tnguyenn
Community Member

Same issue here with their Nest Floodlight 

br2
Community Member

Same here.

anajuliacisn
Community Member

i just spent like 2 hours with google support, they had me do so many things that did not help. i am still getting the "something went wrong set up is taking longer than expected try again or cancel" screen 😞 i just wanted to set up my cameras! 😞

Same here. iOS, google home app with last update and still nothing.  

Newtonest1374
Community Member

I talked to  CS and was asked if I have an android phone. I think they know there is an issue withe IOS. I do not have an andriod phone so I cant say of that would solve the problem or not

rickywilliams
Community Member

obligatory "me too". iOS.

House full of devices that all setup fine on the first try last year. Buy one new camera this year and Google app is crappin the bed.

I hate to suggest this but purchase the cheapest android phone you can find w a camera so you can get them to work. I found one at bestbuy for 40$.  

Sad
Community Member

Same issue here 2 outdoor battery cams

anajuliacisn
Community Member

im struggling with 2 outdoor battery cams too, i've been with online google cs and they are routing my case to the third team today. so much for troubleshooting the heck out of my internet, phone, cameras... hopefully this resolves soon. 

spotcom
Community Member

UPDATE: I messaged the Google Nest account on Facebook and notified them about the issue. They are aware that there is an issue with the Google Home iOS app. As another user pointed out, Android devices are not affected. 

thanks for the update!! at least now we know that this should be resolved hopefully soon rather than later.... 

Creasian
Community Member

Yeah I switched to a Android phone and the setup went through. 😕

mohitb
Community Member

I went thru this thread and like all others i am also facing issue while setup and i am also using iPhone device. Google Home app which i installed was of version: 2.47.111 , dose any one know that this bug fix is being resolved in which version of the app and by when will it be available 

Sdholbrook
Community Member

Exact same problem with the doorbells earlier support said must be defective went and got another one at different store same problem. Don’t have an android so I guess I have to wait for a fix 

Test with chromebook pixel with android and it worked! 

jimsghost
Community Member

well this is going to be a PR nightmare for them.
How many people would have received google products after Black Friday or potentially as Christmas gifts.
If they haven't rolled out a patch for the app by Christmas the damage to the brand will be irrepairable.

Judging by the lack of transparency, no one commenting on this thread from Google and support not knowing what’s going on, I’d say they don’t really care. 

These cams are being returned. 

Tnguyenn
Community Member

There is a new app update in the App Store. Removed and added the camera and it worked!! 

spotcom
Community Member

UPDATE: Users are saying there’s a new app in the App Store and that the setup process works. I do not have a new app ready to update, BUT, I can also confirm that setup WORKS again. 

Same. No new version of the app for me. Still, I went in to the current version of the app, tapped the camera in question, and clicked "Finish setup".

Before, that would fail with "taking too long".

This morning on this try, it succeeded right away and camera is in use. Good on them for fixing it quickly and thank you for the heads up.

Jarvoisier
Community Member

***UPDATE***
As of this mornings (9am EST) I attempted to finish the install, and was successful in adding my Doorbell to network and Google Home app. 

I also noticed the lights that weren't not working last night are working again in the app...so whatever bug they were dealing with, at least for me as an iOS user, has been resolved.