cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Camera Scheduling a must!!!

Minn80
Community Member

Hey google - Just in case you aren’t aware customers want to be able to schedule when their cameras are on/off. I don’t need cameras on when I’m home. We need cameras on when we are away and sleeping but this isn’t an option. So I have to manually turn these battery operated cameras on/off daily. What a pain! 

10 REPLIES 10

SamGray
Community Member

Why do you have to turn them on/off? What do you even mean turn them off?

Minn80
Community Member

I turn off the cameras in the app to conserve battery (which lasted ~3 weeks) I don’t need it recording (and alerting me) of kids in the yard or guests coming and going during the day while I’m at home. For us, the cameras are most useful when we aren’t home or while we are sleeping. This setting isn’t available in home/away routines. Hope that helps. 

SamGray
Community Member

When you say turn off, I don't think you can "turn off" the cameras. If they're up, they're on.

Minn80
Community Member

I turn off the cameras in the app to conserve battery (which lasted ~3 weeks) I don’t need it recording (and alerting me) of kids in the yard or guests coming and going during the day while I’m at home. For us, the cameras are most useful when we aren’t home or while we are sleeping. This setting isn’t available in home/away routines. 

SamGray
Community Member

When you say turn off, I don't think you can "turn off" the cameras. If they're up, they're on.

Minn80
Community Member

4A523B6F-FCB1-449A-B1BA-1E402169D781.png

 “turn on/off” bottom left of each camera screen

SamGray
Community Member

I see. Are they pointing somewhere that you always are when you're home? Even my most active camera says it will last a full 4 weeks, without me turning it off and on (just leaving it Idle)

Minn80
Community Member

So far just have doorbell which we wired and 1 camera above garage. We are hesitant on setting up other 3 cameras due to limitations. 
The cold temps have played a part in the battery life. Regardless, We would like to schedule them to suit our needs. 

Hawks
Community Member

Yes, yes, yes - we definitely need this. The home & away routine allows you to control the doorbell but any manual routine with time will not. It only works for the cameras controlled by the Nest App - seems a big miss as we are being pushed towards Google Home to control everything.

Gieckboy
Community Member

Huge miss - Google Assitant is able to create  routines for TP-Link and other 3rd hardware but not their own cameras. Honestly guys - what’s going on over there in Product? Do you actually user-test these things with normal, non-programmer type end users?
Your customers want to turn internal Nest cameras on when they go to sleep and turn them off when they wake up. Basic normal- human use case stuff?