cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cameras all went offline June 5th at the same time

JFSharpe42
Community Member

Hello,

I have 5 nest cam battery and a nest doorbell. All hardwired. On June 5th around 9pm EST all of my cameras went offline. The doorbell still works. Yet since then I have not been able to get these devices back online. Anyone else have this bug with the latest update? Really upsetting me because I’ve been having a lot of issues with the WiFi pro and now the cameras add to the drama. Everything else functions on my network as intended. Speeds are great. Any one else experiencing this?

1 Recommended Answer

I talked to Google today. 

Its a known bug thats been going around the last two weeks, it dont affect everyone… Google say it will be online by itself when they fix it, but dont know when that will be! 

View Recommended Answer in original post

397 REPLIES 397

Camera has been working fine for a few works since I installed it. All of a sudden today it went offline but is still uploading events so it's only the live view that appears to be affected. No other camera on my network has a problem so it's not internet or WiFi related. I'm currently away so it's the worst time it could happen. 

Namco
Community Member

I have this exact same issue.  The Home app is reporting 2 Nest camera's and my battery doorbell to be offline.  Yet they're working and still recording events.  I can see them connected to my router and sending data.  Interestingly enough, I have a Nest Hub Max.  This is also showing offline in my camera's in the Home app.  But in the Nest app, it's online and live video is available.  So the issue appears to be with the Home app, not the devices themselves.  My camera's seemed to go offline (according to the Home app) one by one over a 12 hour period, with the last one going offline when I restarted my phone.

Alan789
Community Member

My camera has suddenly gone offline too. Very odd.

Am going to leave alone as it may be a wider google thing. 

Thanks for the responses. I can see their support chat suddenly has a 25 minute wait so I'm wondering if they have an outage they aren't reporting. I've also tweeted their support team. It would be good if others also did the same so they see the scale of the issue. Mine went offline around 1033 am UK time. 

Mine went offline at 01:30am on Sunday morning. I had to reset it to get it back online, not had live view since resetting it though.

upD8R
Community Member

Same here 😞

Please all ensure you are raising it with support otherwise their backend teams won't look at it as an issue. 

migod11
Community Member

Same here, all camera's appear offline, and some wizz lights also, both on the app and on nest display. Have reset a doorbell and can't even connect now

Namco
Community Member

I've found this, which is very worrying. Offline issues with Google Nest Cameras and Doorbe... - Google Nest Community

I'm going to try and remove one of my camera's from my current (and only) home and set them up on another one and see if they work.  Then I will try and remove it from that home and add it back to mine which has a Nest Aware subscription.

Namco
Community Member

I've factory reset one camera and removed the "offline" one from my home and set it up again like it's a new one and it's now displaying in the Home app as online.  I'm not sure why all 3 of my camera's would suddenly need factory resetting and what am I supposed to do about the Nest Hub Max that is working in the Nest app but not the Home app?

SoppLadios
Community Member

I tried the same but unfortunately my attempt to add my camera back failed.

The app just keep failing to connect, telling me to move closer to my cam while I was literally right in front of it.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

All my 5 cams are working fine.  Where are you all located?  I'm in Southern California?  Maybe not all regions are having an issue?

I'm having the same problem.

I'm located in the Netherlands. 

Same problem here, also in Netherlands

Same here since 19th if June (Netherlands). Two cameras outside suddenly offline (no live view), but still uploading events. Green light shows.

I'm in the UK.  The annoying thing is, the cams are all working.  I get alerts and they're saving clips of motion.  but they're all showing offline in the Home app so cannot be managed.

I'm factory resetting all of them now and it appears to be working but all 4 devices require this at the same time just to work in the Home app?  Something not right here.

Alan789
Community Member

I'm in Ireland. Not doing anything just yet as camera is functional, live view is not working, just showing as offline. 

Denmark, Europe. Same issue. Doorbell and four cams all offline 😕

Belgium same problem notification by ringing door works fine but no live video

dal3001
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. 

Camera was working fine in the morning and appeared as OK in the Home app. A few hours ago it reported as offline and now shows as offline in the Home app. It is still working though, it triggers a chime when pressed and it still captures events and video. 

Any news on a fix or official acknowledgement of a wider issue? 

Namco
Community Member

I'm factory resetting mine now and they're appearing online in the Home app when I add them back to my home after deleting them.  Absolute pain as you lose any and all video clips etc but it's doing the trick.  This smells like an update gone wrong to me.  Not quite sure what to do about my Nest Hub Max though.

I spoke to someone on live chat and pointed them to here and twitter advising that it looks like a wider issue my guess is EU data centre based. 

Same issue here - two doorbells.  One here and another 550 miles away at my mums - both offline for live video but still uploading events... 

Kenwa
Community Member

Same here - live stream went offline a few hours ago. Events/history still recording so the camera works but is shown as offline. Restart didn't help.

I'm glad I am not the only one mine started Saturday and thought it was my issue as I had new fiber installed then the next day it went offline but after a couple of hours and resetting my nest WIFI it came back online. Today it went offline again but still recording and sending me what it records. 

I am based in the UK 

Kenwa
Community Member

The issue also persists on other mobile devices and on home.google.com, so it's not related to the app. When trying to start the stream it will call join_stream on a google server which responds with error 400 and status "FAILED_PRECONDITION".

Phildamb
Community Member

Yeah so would seem to be a webapp server fault, my guessing for Europe only given people in the us appear unaffected. 

Namco
Community Member

Yet factory resetting a camera and re-adding into your home fixes the issue.

PSP89
Community Member

Could it be because it is then resetted with an earlier firmware version? So once it updates to 1.67 again - perhaps tonight - they may end in the same state again. 

Kenwa
Community Member

Would be interesting to see if it's calling the same webapp endpoint after a factory reset or it's load balancing elsewhere. They have certainly massively increased streaming traffic by pushing the live camera view into the home app start screen by default. So either they lost some accounts when pushing the  new home app, or they're not able to handle the traffic.

SRUK
Community Member

Same issue today, I'm in the UK.

My battery cam went offline this morning. In the end I factory reset it and got it working again.

An hour ago, one of my spotlight cams also went offline and still is. Obvs a wider issue that Nest seem to be ignoring. Looking at Twitter and Reddit it's been going on for weeks.

Imrail
Community Member

Wireless doorbell and wired indoor cam both showed as offline. 

I did a reset on the doorbell and factory reset on the indoor cam. The doorbell is still "offline" but uploading events, but I can't reconnect the indoor cam. 

SRUK
Community Member

Actually got through to support.

They are saying there is no major issue, they are not aware of any issues or outages (but said they are getting complaints).

Constantly asking me to factory reset. I even had to send them to link to this thread (along with others). I've refused the constant factory resets for now and they are 'monitoring' for 24hrs. They have been given no info about any outage at all.

ebragonier
Community Member

How did you get through to Support?  I am in the FAQ doom loop.....

SRUK
Community Member

Untitled.jpg

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp?hl=en

Just keep hitting 'next steps'

I am having exactly the same issue.  It started with one Nest (battery) camera showing as offline and within an hour, they were all showing as offline on the Home App  They still record and appear to be working. But the Home and Away settings are not working, so I cannot turn them off while I am home.  I have just removed one from the wall to stop it filming. 

Just got through to support.  They are aware of the problem.  They asked me to factory reset one of my devices, which I did and it is now working.  The others still show as offline.  The support guy said they are working to fix the problem and will email me with any updates and to wait before I factory reset the rest of my devices as there may be an easier fix.

Thanks for sharing!

SRUK
Community Member

At least they're finally acknowledging it now!

For a company of this size to continue having update problems is ridiculous. What's worse is I'm outside of their support hours. I can't keep factory resetting these devices. I'm so frustrated since I'll need to purchase other devices since I'm within my 30-return policy and go through the setup process.

This is for home security and not entertainment, and I cannot hope things will work while away.