cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Doorbell wired Gen 2 does not appear in the Nest app even though it appears in Google Home.

Nickski52
Community Member

I recently replaced my original Nest Hello wired doorbell with the Google Doorbell wired 2nd Gen and while it appears in the Google Home app, it doesn't appear in the Nest Security app.

How do I add it to the Nest app? When I try to add it in the Nest app, it sends me to the Google home app where it already is.

1 Recommended Answer

I have discovered that Google is phasing out the Nest app.  All of my cameras are visible on the Home app.  They are developing a browser-based app where I can see all of them.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Nickski52 

We discovered the same thing to our surprise in Sept. 2021 when we bought a 2nd gen Google Nest Battery Camera. The 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells ONLY get installed in the Google Home app and cannot be accessed in the Google Nest app. We've had to use two apps ever since for our Google Nest cameras and doorbells.

Google Nest says they are working on getting 1st gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells to work in the Google Home app (https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Nest-Cam-Outdoor-1st-gen-expanded-support-rolling-out-in...), but this is available only in the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app (which is currently crippling some 1st gen cameras that are "transferred"), and 1st gen doorbells and IQ cameras are still not eligible, and the Google Home app still lacks these (and other) Nest app features: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/13038234#zippy=%2Cnest-app-only-features

I have discovered that Google is phasing out the Nest app.  All of my cameras are visible on the Home app.  They are developing a browser-based app where I can see all of them.

@Nickski52 

They haven't announced any plans or schedule for phasing out the Google Nest app, though that will probably happen eventually.  But the Google Home app, as the link above shows, still lacks many Nest app functions.

The browser-based "app" is the home.google.com website, with has been in beta "Public Preview" status since Oct. 2022.

Well, you know Google. I am sure they will announce it eventually.

As per Google history, they will be removing the Nest app from service when they get more of the features programmed into the Home app.