cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Doorbell won't connect

grechcam
Community Member

Doorbell was working great until I changed my router because our neighbours router had a stronger signal and our computers kept flopping over to their's (they are related) since then I can't reconnect the doorbell?

I have reset the router, doorbell, all the Google devices, phone and app. It gets to the connecting to an assisting device and then something goes wrong and it fails, any ideas would be appreciated

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

How close together are your phone, doorbell and router? For setup, it's best to move them close together.

1. Move Hello and your phone close to your router. Within 30 cm (1 ft) is best.
  2. Plug a micro USB cable into the port on the back of Hello.
  3. Connect the cable to a USB charger and plug it into a wall socket.
  4. Wait a minute to make sure that your Hello has finished restarting.

I'd recommend following the steps in the troubleshooter if you're still experiencing issues.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

How close together are your phone, doorbell and router? For setup, it's best to move them close together.

1. Move Hello and your phone close to your router. Within 30 cm (1 ft) is best.
  2. Plug a micro USB cable into the port on the back of Hello.
  3. Connect the cable to a USB charger and plug it into a wall socket.
  4. Wait a minute to make sure that your Hello has finished restarting.

I'd recommend following the steps in the troubleshooter if you're still experiencing issues.

grechcam
Community Member

I did a full reset several times and eventually it worked, still having issues with the actual video and responding but I think this latest issue relates to the user and app settings 🙂

thanks for your response

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Glad to hear that!