cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Hello coating is peeling

Maurice
Community Member

Hi, the coating from my Nest Hello is peeling. I don’t believe it is still under warranty as I bought the camera approx. two years ago. Still, I really hope that there is a solution for this? Many thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

Petey
Community Member

Mine has done the same, mine was also out of warranty but google replaced it

Maurice
Community Member

Really? That would be awesome. Although I don’t get my hopes up just yet 🙂 How were you able to contact them?

Petey
Community Member

Yes, however it seems they may have change how they deal with this after reading all of the replies. I contacted them through the nest app, go to "account"  and then "manage account" that will take you to your google account, scroll to the bottom and click "see help options" and their number is there

lmh147258
Community Member

Really?  I submitted a claim for the same problem but they refused to replace saying it was out of warranty and only a cosmetic issue.  I tried pointing out that some of cracking was over the camera lens, but they didn't care.

Unfortunately I was told the same after contacting them.. They advised me to purchase an aftermarket silicone sleeve for the doorbell, which would cover the peeling and ‘protect’ it as they said. 

Strange that Google processes these claims in a somewhat subjective matter, especially seen the fact that they confirmed that it was a known issue / manufacturing flaw.

I understand that warranty outside the warranty period is not something that you can count on, but it gives a less positive vibe to find out Google acts this way on a case to case claim. One lucky one gets it, the other one doesn’t, I suppose.

Petey
Community Member

Yes mine was just over 2 years old. Do you subscribe to nest aware?

Petey
Community Member

Mine cracked at the lens too, they replaced it, this is strange, my replacement has done the same though. I do however have 5 cameras of theirs and subscribe to nest aware.

lmh147258
Community Member

Mine is over 3 years old & we do subscribe to Nest Aware.  However, we only have 2 camera and A Nest Thermostat.

Petey
Community Member

I would definitely try. The reality is it's not a one off issue and it should designed to be fit for purpose. We all have to pay to subscribe so it's in their interest to replace it?