cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest cameras suddenly lost connectivity

Jando
Community Member

I have four Nest Cam with floodlights, two wired nest doorbell (gen 2), and a nest hub max. Randomly at around 10:30 yesterday evening. Both doorbell cameras, the nest hub max, and 3 of the floodlight cameras lost connectivity. They have been offline for nearly 24 hours.

Nothing has changed in regards to my network or the cameras. I also don't believe to be distance related because the camera that is furthest from my router is the only one still working.

I have tried to reboot my router multiple times with no success. The status light is green on all the devices, and the flood lights are still reacting to motion. If I look in the camera event history, I can see that events were recorded but the video is not available to view.

Nothing changed in regards to the placement of the cameras, or the router. I don't have any extenders as my Wi-Fi signal is excellent throughout the house.

6 REPLIES 6

haynie777
Community Member

This sounds very odd, but still points to wi-fi.  Try to run a hot spot on your phone with the same network and shut down your wi-fi and see if that helps.  I assume you tried rebooting the next hub max?  Does it say it can't connect?

Jando
Community Member

I'll try the hot spot and see if that works. The nest hub max was rebooted, and I got a message saying that it can't connect.

Maxlore1241
Community Member

I had the same problem and nothing seemed to work. I finally held the small button on the back of the camera for 5 seconds (that turned the cam off) and then pushed it one time to turn back on and it worked.

I wish I could try that, but my cameras are higher up and I can't reach them. Hoping to avoid needing to physically access the cameras.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm, for this you might want to open a support ticket with Goole and speak to an actual Google tech person who should be able to see your setup from the their server side.  Click here on this link and answer the questions and you will be given the opportunity for a phone call or on-line chat. 

If they are able to resolve this please return here and let us know what the solution was.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
5. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
4. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Jando
Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I will reach out to Google support and report back once the issue is resolved.