cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest doorbell peeling solution

laurentbourg
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hey guys, did anybody come up with a good solution for hiding the awful peeling on the Nest doorbell? Google does not want to replace it when not under warranty so I am trying to work around this manufacturer defect. I was thinking buying a silicone cover but reviews mention that the device gets hot and also that it obstructs night vision sensors. 3A9DBABB-C54E-4C50-BF62-5908E19EE529.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

dschnur
Community Member

I bought one, but you have to be careful that it does not cover the aluminum back of the device.   The one I have is from Amazon and works well.    There are stickers you can get for it too which are probably better for the doorbell than a silicone case.  The biggest problem I had with the doorbell is that the internal battery (the wired one does have a small battery) went bad and I had to replace it.  It was a moderate challenge, and Google support frowns upon it, but it works now.  When I had the cover off, I was thinking of using a headlight restoration kit on it, but the ring around the button is raised and it was weathered too.

Where did you get the battery?

The battery I bought is made by Cameron Sino.  You can buy one from Amazon.  Search for NC5100US battery.  The model number is CS-NLH510SL.   Don't get generic batteries for it.  You also need to re-attach the front bezel with strong double sided tape.  I cleaned up some of the old tape's residue and used a 3M VHB tape to stick the bezel back on.

laurentbourg
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Thanks for your feedback

laurentbourg
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Is this the one you got? "elago Silicone Case Designed for Google Nest Hello Doorbell Cover (Black) - Full Protection, Night Vision Compatible [US Patent Registered]"

Yes, though I got the white one to reflect a little sunlight.   A sticker cover (aka skin) would probably be better though.

laurentbourg
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Reviews are little sketchy on the sticker ones though.