cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest doorbell wired 2nd Gen won't factory reset

Jables_kk13
Community Member

I've had my nest hello wired 2nd Gen doorbell for around 3 years. It kept dropping connection to my wifi. I deleted the device in the nest app. Then I removed the bell from the wall plate and held the pin tool in the reset button for around 20 seconds.

Nothing happened. No lights came on and no tone was issued. Now I can't add the doorbell as a new product in the nest app. It gets as far as trying to connect but fails with a rc022 error. I have restarted my phone and Bluetooth is on.

The doorbell was working fine up til recently. It has the correct transformer powering it.

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Jables_kk13 

If you're trying to do a factory reset on the Google Nest Hello Doorbell, you have to press BOTH the reset button and the large doorbell button at the same time for at least 10 seconds:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9252162?hl=en&sjid=12180668767139012046-NC#zippy=%2Cnes...

I don't know if that will correct your issue; it seems odd you'd get a Bluetooth error if the factory reset had not been successful.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I've tried pressing the large doorbell button and the reset button at the same time for 10 seconds or longer. Nothing happened. I think this doorbell is faulty. I'm thinking of disconnecting it from the power and then reconnecting it to a USB power source to see if that makes it more responsive. I don't know why I can't connect with Bluetooth in the setup app. I'm at a loss with this now.

No need to reply. I've determined that the doorbell is dead. It's exactly 3.5 years old and cost £229. I've bought a replacement ring wired doorbell for £59.99 and will install that instead. The online support for the nest doorbell is lacking. I suspect it's internal battery is flat. I refuse to pay for another one of these.