cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest floods. Help!

Beckyfromboston
Community Member

Hi. Long time NEST user.  Use the NEST app for all my cameras (70) and thermostats (15); use for work and home. Consider myself nest literate.  

Trying to add 2 floods to my home system. (10 cameras, 3 thermostats) and cannot get them to connect. Confirmed that the wiring is correct. Power is on, I hear the jangle but cannot connect. Help! ( floods are probably 20ft up). 

15 REPLIES 15

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Do you get a specific error code (such as C221 or C327) in the app when trying to add the cameras, or is there no message it just doesn't connect?

What do you observe when following these troubleshooting steps?

I'm sure you're aware but also just want to check you know that Nest Cam with Floodlight can only be setup with the Google Home app, not the Google Nest app.

Hi. Yes. Set up thru Google home (no option on Nest to add floods anyway). Don’t even get to an error. Just refuses to connect. 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

How close together are your camera, phone and router/access point? 

Do you have other cameras connected at this particular location?

Are the cameras near any sources of interference, such as walls, floors, other Wifi networks, electronics etc?

What brand and model of phone or tablet are you using? Have you tried using a different phone or tablet to test with? 

Beckyfromboston
Community Member

I am going to move the access point closer and see how it goes. Using an iPhone 13. Was originally trying from the ground below. Will go on a ladder. Do you suggest that I engage the onboarding within seconds of turning the power onto the camera? 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

That shouldn't matter too much but you can try and optimize for sure. Here's how I would approach it.

1. Double check Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned ON on your phone and that you're connected to the same Wi-Fi network you want to connect the camera to.
  2. Open the Google Home app.
  3. On the home screen, tap the + icon at the top left.
  4. Tap Set up device +.
  5. Tap New device.
  6. Connect the power cable to the camera.
  7. Choose the home you want to add your camera to, or select Add another home to create a new one. When the status light on the camera pulses blue, then, tap Next.
  8. It's at this point the app looks for nearby devices. When prompted, select Nest Cam with Floodlight.
  9. Use your phone’s camera to scan your camera’s QR code. You can also tap Continue without scanning and enter the setup code.

Thanks David. Did all that (multiple times) prior to engaging your advice, I appreciate the effort. But I’m still flummoxed. It won’t connect.  I may call an IT person to help. I don’t want to have to remove all my cameras/thermostats and start over. 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No problem at all. Do you have an Android phone at all? Or a friend or family member that has an Android phone to try with? 

Hi folks,

I appreciate the help @David_K. I wanted to check if you still need help with this. If you have other questions and concerns, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi there,

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread in 24 hours. If you're still in need of assistance, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
Steve

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried creating a new home and adding your Nest Cam with Floodlights?

You can check out this article on how to Create and manage rooms for detailed steps.

Regards,

Steve

Thank you. Will try that this weekend. Stand by and appreciate the help! 

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. I'll look forward to your reply. Have a great day.

Regards,

Steve

Hi there,

It's me again. Just checking in to see if the troubleshooting steps shared helped. If you have other questions and concerns, feel free to let me know.

Best,
Steve

Hi there,

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread in 24 hours. If you're still in need of assistance, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
Steve

Beckyfromboston
Community Member

Hi. Still not working. Even used a android device! Any other suggestions?