cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Quick question on doorbell (battery)

BryanC
Community Member

Can someone with the new doorbell (battery)  let me know if they see video on their hub when the doorbell rings?  I can see video if i go to the camera but i want to know if i should see video on the hub when I'm notified that someone rang the doorbell. 

1 Recommended Answer

BryanC
Community Member

Thanks for the reply.  I figured out what was going on.  Because i had a 1st gen nest aware account i had been reluctant to consolidate my google homes. Because of that my hubs seemed to be split between the two homes...weird. i went through the hassle of consolidating my home and close to 70 devices and i now see video when the bell rings. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mdr2
Community Member

Yes,  I have the new doorbell and yes as soon as someone pushes the button it almost instantly shows up on my Hub.   I can't remember if I had to do anything to make it happen but try this.  Go into the Google Home app and go into SETTINGS (the gear on the main page).  Then select ROOMS and GROUPs.  Find the room where your HUB is and select the room.   THen select CHOOSE DEVICES and check off the appropriate devices.  Hope this helps.

BryanC
Community Member

Thanks for the reply.  I figured out what was going on.  Because i had a 1st gen nest aware account i had been reluctant to consolidate my google homes. Because of that my hubs seemed to be split between the two homes...weird. i went through the hassle of consolidating my home and close to 70 devices and i now see video when the bell rings. 

mdr2
Community Member

Great, glad you were able to figure it out.  I transferred over about a year ago and the one thing they changed (which is a bummer) is that the system will now ONLY send email alerts to the google address which is not my main email address.   I wish they would stop losing features when they announce a new "anything".  They don't seem to understand  the time we all spend integrating these devices and software into our workflow.  And when they change certain things it is very disruptive and frustrating.  Hey Google, It is okay to add new things, but please don't cut off the old way.

MapleOne
Community Member

I  have two max screens and the booth show video when someone rings the doorbell.