cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recent blurry issue here

Blurrycamgirl
Community Member

When are you going to fix the issues with blurry cams!?! It just started happening here and I see people talking about this going on back in June (3+ months). TIME TO DITCH THIS CRAP AND BUY A RING SYSTEM. You arent helping us, so why should I continue to be your subscriber/customer? Guess what, I don’t have to be. Sad. Will never invest in another Nest product. You flew the coop.

99 REPLIES 99

Mausse
Community Member

Ok been a month now ,still blurry at low light/night. This board doesn’t do S$#% for customers why does it even exist ?  😞

ChrisHome
Community Member

I have the same issue and called with the support center. I think the more people call, the higher priority it will get to let them fix the issue. Perhaps you can also contact support center? They will call you back and it's free. 

mcilroy
Community Member

I have just changed my Google wired cameras to battery with a cable due to intermittent power cuts in my area.

Beyond gutted I didn't read the issues with the cameras.

My cameras are near black and unusable

I have a number of Google Home devices... Mesh Wifi. Hubs. Doorbells...

It seems this issue has been around for a long time and Google have basically gave us all the finger.

mcilroy
Community Member

It looks like Google have deployed a 'fix' for this issue on the 1st December - Images still are not perfect, but my night vision no longer has blurry footage covering the whole view.

Zach7
Community Member

They are closing threads because they refuse to fix it.

BG
Bronze
Bronze

All six of my flood cams are blurry on the 1.69 upgrade. Really bad security issue and I cannot believe Google doesn't have better quality control.

Time to start looking for a better alternative, and at this point, anything would be better. 😐

demiurgical
Community Member

Nest Doorbell wired gen 2 on firmware 1.69 absolutely horrible blurry video at night with bright porch light on, what ppl are referring to as the “vaseline on lens effect.” This didn’t use to be an issue. Google support please fix this! 🙏 

Mausse
Community Member

It’s been months now , getting silly now. 

usetobesmart
Community Member

My hello finally broke today and i installed a new 2nd gen that i bought months ago. WHAT THE HELL GOOGLE. Thank you to the people here for letting me know i am not crazy noticing all these issues right now. 

ChrisHome
Community Member

Hello everybody, I have the same issue after the update in september this year.  I would suggest everyone to contact support service (make a phone call) to escalate this issue. So the more people who call, the higher the priority this issue gets. Complaining in the forum obviously does not help anything. 

mikej3016
Community Member

I have 4 Nest Cams, all look ok during the daylight hours, however as soon as the sun goes down and the night vision is enabled every thing is a blurry mess.  This was not the case about 2 months ago.  Seems as though with each F/W update the cams get more blurry.  Horrible job on Google's end, do they not test their updates before deploying them?  Or maybe all they care about is saving a buck?  Pathetic that this has not been fixed yet or even acknowledged.  SMH  

BTW all cams are running v 1.69, it is NOT my internet because all cams look fine during the day.  Somehow the night vision was broken during the update.  My lens' are all clean - as I said looks fine during the day.  

Hey Mike, I would suggest calling the google support center. I did call with them and the more people who call the higher the priority the issue will get for the developers.  I tried to contact the support center and they call you back for free. So you don't have phone costs.

giangy11
Community Member

any fix yet ,right? images at night still blurred, like a 1950 movie

Theyfuccinsuck
Community Member

They suck my camera is hacked and they have no clue what to do just read the same questions off of a script like a de generate 

ChrisHome
Community Member

Hello everybody, it seems as of 1 December the video quality in the night vision is improved. At least it's not as blurry and useless as it was from the beginning of September this year. It shows that if you call with the support center that it works better then just posting it here in a community thread.  It was not really much work to call with them.  I noticed there is still a small bug in the night vision. All things that give light has a outline border around it. I hope they will fix this in future updates as well.

@ChrisHome 

I noticed the same thing. My outdoor cameras as 12/1 all seem slightly better at night. They are tolerable to view now. Still need to be improved a little more at night, but step in the right direction. 

I wonder how they pushed the improvement update, as my cameras all still say 1.69 release? Any thoughts what happened?

-Chris 

If you go to the settings of your camera you see next to the version 1.69 another sub version number.
For example  before 1 december is was: 1.69 OPENMASTER 376297 
and now it is:  1.69 OPENMASTER 388143 

EKK
Community Member

A lot of people called... Google knew nothing. Everything was fine! It's a bit low to say that people didn't complain the right way! But now for the more important stuff:

The image is definitely better at night. I found out when I was trying to make a new zone after connecting my camera's to a new modem.

But the image was perfect according to Google? Why the update? Ahum! Saves me money to buy Chinese camera's. Santa is called off. I'm happy again 😁

cjquinto
Community Member

Agreed! I am happy with the "update" all good right now.