cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Remotely turn offline cam on

timorex
Community Member

Hi, is there a way to disable or remotely turn my mums camera back on?
Mum uses the Nest daily to video call since having a stroke and it's her life line not being able to leave her bed. I live some distance from mum so this was an ideal solution to keep mum a part of the family and has really helped. She enjoys watching the photos and albums I share with her since not being able to look after her dog anymore.
My question is mum sometimes knocks or swipes the cam to the off setting and I cannot turn it back on my end despite it showing as on in the nest settings. It shows as camera offline in the app.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Tim Grainger

Ps she can't use a mobile phone anymore so it is linked to my mobile number if this makes any difference. It's been working well but just recently turned off. I have tried to walk her through the swipe up and press video icon but I don't think it registers with her hand?

My question is mum sometimes knocks or swipes the cam to the off setting and I cannot turn it back on my end despite it showing as on in the nest settings. It shows as camera offline in the app.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards 

Tim Grainger 

Ps she can't use a mobile phone anymore so it is linked to my mobile number and to leave her bed. I live some distance from mum so this was an ideal Hi I solution to keep mum a part of the family and has really helped. She enjoys watching the photos and albums I share with her since not being able to look after her dog anymore. 
My questi mum sometimes knocks or swipes the cam to the off setting and I cannot turn it back on my end despite it showing as on in the nest settings. It shows as camera offline in the app.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards 

Tim Grainger 

Ps she can't use a mobile phone anymore so it is linked to my mobile number if this makes any difference. It's been working well but just recently turned off. I have tried to walk her Hi I have a Google Nest through the swipe up and press video icon but I don't think it registers with her hand? 

1 REPLY 1

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

This was posted under near doorbell but it looks like you mean nest hub.  Did you also mean the physical privacy switch on the unit? If the physical camera button is switched to off then no you cannot enable it remotely