cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Remove Nest Doorbell from Google Home

Efrain90
Community Member

Tried to do the initial setup on a nest doorbell battery.  It failed, right at the end "something went wrong" 

No biggie had to run so I decided I'd restart later. Now the doorbell is in my home app and I can't delete it (there is no gear in the tile) it tells me that I must use the nest app to remove,  however the nest app does t have the doorbell because it was never setup. HOW DO I DELETE THE DOORBELL OFF MY HOME?  it's just throwing me in circles 

36 REPLIES 36

lesliebriar
Community Member

I am having the same problem with a camera and it is so frustrating. I hate this new app they have! I am on the phone with customer service currently! ill update once they answer. 

Didn't even know there was a way to call in. Should have tried that. Update us once you have something. A lot of their devices have been on sale --> mini, hubs, doorbells, thermostats, this might have something to to with it. I went ahead and factory reset the doorbell, but now when i got to set it up in Home it says "Trouble Communicating with Google"

yea I have been having problems with this app since the switch. we got new wifi yesterday so I have to reconnect all the cameras and the regular nest ones reconnected with no issues but the google nest ones are so problematic. I can't get them to connect at all, then the one I reached the same problem as you just can get it to delete. only says delete video history 🙄 im still on hold 

Mention this thread.. the resource was acting like it was new, when I mentioned this it clicked

I'm in a card reading process now

Bumped to senior tech, they wanted to restart my router too.. When everything else is on, waiting for next level

iNexxFear
Community Member

I wonder if there is something up with their servers, I'm encountering this 2 on 2 devices.  I got one installed just fine and thought it was me.  Also on the phone waiting

now that i went to reconnect (after factory reset) it says "Trouble Communicating with Google", you might be on to something with the servers thing

How do you factory reset?  I only know how to remove the device which is not an option

it won't let me re-add either

if you have the battery ones there is a little button on the back that you hold down for a few, like 10 seconds, and it'll chime and light will turn orange. plug it in while holding the button down. 

yup like @lesliebriar said, there is a little button down a tiny hole you have to press and hold for ~12 seconds.  FYI a thumbtack barley fits if you force it in there. 

Going on a 26 minute hold time here since I called

JPickles
Community Member

I'm having the same problem! Everything went fine, did all the steps, saw video, connected to my Home where 2 dozen other devices are functional, and then after all setup steps I get "something went wrong".

I've tried factory resetting 2 times now. I now have 3 door bells in my Home that I cannot delete as there is no Settings gear icon in the top right corner. All 3 door bells in my Home app can be renamed but no option to fix or remove.

Help!

This is the Google issue we are all encountering, the gears option for any new device is not available due to the failure process.

Welcome @JPickles . 

yup it is super annoying. I even tried a workaround by creating a "fake" home and trying to move it there then delete but stated that " i had to do it in the Nest app".... nest app says i have to setup in the Google Home app lmao! 

iNexxFear
Community Member

One of my devices came online, wondering if they are fixing it

The doorbellI added appeared and could get fixed, I haven't done anything with the camera yet

nope... just tried to reinstall the doorbell and still getting the "problem communicating with Google message" 😞

Now I'm being asked by a resource not on the line where I bought this from!?!?!   I'm like what?  This is a 2 pack...  Come on!

definitely a new product for me and even then,,, its pretty dang hard to fake a Nest Doorbell. 

Yeah lets see, a QR code for setup, a process that continued talked to it but failed the end?  I'm like dumbfounded by that one

lesliebriar
Community Member

On the phone they told me that they don't have anyone around that can help me, so he said I can either keep holding, 45 min now, or I can call back tomorrow. I did tell him I hated the google nest app. but he said that he cant help me........I am so frustrated. 

What?  that's google support that said that?

Did you call = 1-855-469-6378

yes. he said that there are no camera techs around to help me.

That doesn't sound right at all, 

yes so he said to call back around 8 pm tonight and hopefully a tech can help me. I don't know if he truly understood what I was saying cause its a problem with the camera AND the app lol but I guess ill call tonight unless one of you guys finds something out. 

I deal with IT and that's quite the line...  I'm thinking this is on their end... Watch the google home app and see if it doesn't self resolve on its own before you call.. Just leave the setup as it exists otherwise right now

Hopefully  now that they know about the issue, they'll jump on it, seems like it is not an isolated thing. 

i'll try later on today to re-install the doorbell and see what happens. i have errands to run for a bit anyways and looks like nothing much can be done for a while

Good luck and I'll keep you posted.. I too have errands but I've gotten this far

WOW... guess all the programmers cant really talk . this is crazy, its such a big company. maybe this is a new thing and more and more people will start to have issues

GlobalTraveller
Community Member

We have the same problem here with my families Goggle Battey Doorbells, Issues both in UK and India, started at 21:44 Mumbai time.

very frustrating as resets fail to cure, must be a server fault!

least we know its definitely a google issue then and not our hardware maybe. 

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

According to this thread, there are problems today on Google's servers affecting setting up new cameras: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Unable-to-remove-failed-set-up-nest-cam...

iNexxFear
Community Member

My camera is now back online and working without doing anything else, granted I gave support my serial number but all that I can say is that its back online and Abel to be configured.  Good luck to the others on here that were also having issues!  

Mine resolved without needing to be reset or added back in, as I left mine without doing anything else but contacting support.

Yea looks like the gear/settings is available on mine to remove. Seems they fixed the issue. Hope I can reinstall it into my home 

GlobalTraveller
Community Member

We’ll Google must be having real problems at the moment. Both our doorbells (one in UK, and one in India) went offline at 21:44 India time, came back online 05:00 India time, then both went offline again at 11:59 India time. This really isn’t acceptable, my parents Rings never suffer such outage