cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reset Nest Battery Cam Remotely?

RavenManiac
Community Member

I have (4) Nest Battery Cams and (3) Nest Floodlight Cams that are mounted under eaves and at various higher points around my house. To reset these cameras, I literally need to get out an extension ladder and push the reset button on each camera. Not only is this a royal PITA, it's also quite dangerous.

Is there any way to reset these cameras remotely?

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@RavenManiac 

Unfortunately, factory resets for all of Google Nests cameras and doorbells require pressing the reset pin on the camera or doorbell.

It shouldn't be something you have to do very often. In almost 5 years, we've only had do do a factory reset with one of our cameras because we were having issues during the install process

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Are all the cameras off-line?   If that is the case then maybe powering down the cable modem and WIFI might bring them back on line.

The only other thing I can suggest that is easy is go to your circuit break box and cut the power for about  20 seconds to the camera. Sometime just letting them reboot on their own can fix the problem.   

No, just two. It happened when I was cleaning up my network panel and temporarily disconnected my mesh Wi-Fi router and access points. When I powered everything back up, I lost two of the Nest Battery Cams. Since I really don't feel like getting up on a 16' ladder in sub-freezing temperatures, I decided to remove each camera and try re-adding them, which was a big fail. That's where I am now.

Ohhh, ouch.  Yes, I believe to re-add the cameras (after you remove them) you have to be very close to the camera because it starts the process with a BlueTooth connection between the camera and phone.  From there the process teaches the cameras the WIFI name and password.