cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So confused. Have had drop cam since 2015. Now many nest products. Is my nest login stopping

Bugdogs
Community Member

I do not use any partnered stuff. Just nest thermostats, doorbells and nest cameras. Think hope only. Few are dropcam. No dropcam stopping 2024 concerned with what is stoping end of September.   I just log into nest did not migrate to google. Simple three locations with the cameras. Second home makes easy to make sure okay and no water leaks etc.   There info confusing I received nothing in the mail. Have over  30 cameras. Change drives me nuts. I have 30 day video i can access. Don’t like the 10.  Hope somebody knows what i am talking about. Just saw a note just now logging in. Was not there yesterday. Or all year. If you google partner products it still says with a date of Jan 1, 2023 that all those partner products work.  That is really bad somebody could buy today and it stops soon. Worse ADT is awful. They do not have live monitoring. If you alarm goes off they just call the cops. I have live monitoring if any alarm goes off. I get a call. Told exactly what went off. I could have set off. But spiders go over motion sensors all the time. I know what i have in my home so if other doors and window or window brake sensors have not gone off. I know do not send the cops. If other stuff went off then i say call the cops. The cops respond way faster knowing the owner was contacted and said call the cops vs ADT with alarm off. Which happens all the time. I love Nest but no way exposing my homes to ADT ever again. I want a company that calls stays on the line even if to go online look at the cameras. if a problem with a zone like motion sensor and spider. They can set their system to ignore that sensor for few hours until the spider moves on instead of calling. Rest of home still protected. You do not get that with ADT and i pay 30 per location. The cost was in the equipment. Also i can avoid spectrum being down all the time. Each location has its own cell phone can add additional power back up.  For now concerned with my nest aware.  Great none of the issue options help with this new month away transition.

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You mentioned so many different topics, so I'll link to where the info is for each one.

Dropcam (and more):
An update for our Nest Secure, Dropcam, and Works … - Google Nest Community
Be sure to scroll down to the FAQ section as it sounds like it will answer lots of your questions.

Nest Aware:
Learn about price changes for Nest Aware - Google Nest Help

Short answer for the products you listed is thermostats, doorbells, and cameras (other than Dropcam) are not affected by the recent end of support announcements.

Although Google would encourage you to migrate to a Google account as it makes it a lot easier to manage your home and products, and it's a requirement to use the Google Home app and setup the newer products, you can still continue to use your Nest account. There's no requirement to migrate if you don't want to.