cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Solved: Event video playback not working since subscription updated

Sindium
Community Member

Moderator edit: Subject updated for clarity and findability.

I hope someone can help.

I have had the Gen 1 Doorbell for years and have had not many issues until last week when the pricing for Nest Aware changed. I updated the subscription and since then the Nest App on my phone acts like I don't have a subscription. I have called support 3 times now and wasted hours while they login to my account and confirm everything is setup correctly.

The last support tech put me on hold for 45mins to then come back and tell me its because it takes 3 days to confirm the subscription? I know that has to be completely wrong because then I have paid for a service that don't activate for 3 days? Also 2 days on, guess what, still don't work.

So I now have a doorbell that worked completely as it should with active zones, facial recognition and video events for 30 days. But from the 3rd when the subscription changed it now it only shows me still images of the events, even though they have been recorded, but I can't view them. All the other features when I click on them it takes me to the subscription screen like I don't have an active subscription but it is clearly setup and paid for on my google account. I just want what I had before

1 Recommended Answer

Yes my subscription is showing on that link and only 1 "Home/Structure" is listed with all my Google devices showing correctly.

After messing around with the Nest App on my phone, I have some how fixed it and it is now working correctly. I updated the address on the Nest App and cleared the video/event history. Now it randomly works fine again

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrickpd
Community Member

Please post any update, paid my subscription update 1 month ago as well, still no history on cameras. Unable to contact any humans

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Sindium 

Are you able to check your subscription here?

https://store.google.com/subscriptions

Is your subscription for the same Google Nest "home/structure" where your camera is located?

The "Contact us" link on the "Nest Aware Premier Care" page promises that you "Get 24/7 access to Nest Aware Experts on the Nest Customer Care team. They’re available to answer questions, help you access features, and manage your subscription."

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9233159?hl=en&sjid=2950151932273597958-NC

On the "Resources" page, just click "Next step" without clicking any of the Help options, so you get to the page with the Contact options, including a phone callback from Google Nest Support.

Yes my subscription is showing on that link and only 1 "Home/Structure" is listed with all my Google devices showing correctly.

After messing around with the Nest App on my phone, I have some how fixed it and it is now working correctly. I updated the address on the Nest App and cleared the video/event history. Now it randomly works fine again