cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to view cameras on Mac computer any more

ValMc1
Community Member

I can’t sign in to Nest on my Mac computer anymore.  It just keeps saying “sign in with Google” and when I press the return button after filling in the information it just goes back to the screen saying “sign in with Google “. I used to be able to sign in and view on my computer, but now I am limited to either my iPhone or iPad and they are not so easy to manipulate if you are trying to save clips.  Can anyone suggest how I resolve this.

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ValMc1 

We have an iMac, and nothing has changed about how we log onto Nest.

When you go to the home.nest.com website on your Mac, you select "Sign in with Google" if you have previously migrated from a Nest Account to a Google Account (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9297676), OR if you have always used a Google Account (gmail) to log in. The account credentials you are using should be the same ones you're using to log into the Google Nest app on your iPhone and iPad.

If you can't resolve it, you could try deleting the cache and/or cookies in your browser for the home.nest.com website.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I'm on an iMac as well and all has been working fine for many months.  The first thing that popped into my head is that for some reason Google doesn't see the iMac as a authenticated device and it wants more proof it is you.   I have noticed a few times after I cleat my iMac cache and I try and log in to Home.Google.com then my iPhone lights up with the google app asking me if it is okay to authorize the iMac.   And one other thing are you using a Gmail account for you login?  Or is it some other email provider?     

Let me know if any of this fails and I will see if I can escalate it to get you some help from Google directly