cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Video Issue with Google Nest Cam (battery) Part 2

GarySC
Community Member

This is still a daily ongoing issue. Not sure why the previous thread needed to be locked, that way other people can post in one place, instead of having multiple posts about the same thing. 
I am beyond frustrated that nothing has been done to resolve this. I have been waiting for 2 months since first reporting and the only thing that has been said is something is coming. 

1E35A7F0-5E26-4616-B3E3-B7D40B9BD4D0.png

2 REPLIES 2

BG
Bronze
Bronze

Looks like a bad camera. Did you try returning it or did it just start? My video feeds from all 6 cameras are crystal clear. I have mine set on Max video quality. Does it look like this on all settings and daylight as well? Could there possibly be any water damage? Pressure spray rain? It should not look like this, so something is definitely wrong. The video feed will auto adjust based on WiFi signal strength, so even with Max quality, you can get grainy images dur to signal. Is you WiFi strong at the camera site?

GarySC
Community Member

It’s not bad cameras. I have 3 that do this. It is a lighting issue, where the software attempts to sharpen the image, but over shapens the image. The camera show does it almost every night between approximately 8pm and 9pm. I guess the ambient light gets to a certain point then, so the software tries to correct it then. It has also happened with my living room camera, when I have a bright light on but it is dark around it.