cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Want to use less data over the month

Bfree271
Community Member

I had the nest doorbell and added 4 cameras recently. I am no getting told by Comcast we are using too much data.  The only options for video quality on the Google home app are high and max. My doorbell is in the nest app and has low as an option.  Is there a way to get my other cameras into the nest app so I can fix this problem or can you give reasonable options in the Google home app so it can be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No I'm afraid, cameras setup in the Home app can't be added to the Nest app. If you need your cameras and doorbell to use less data over the course of a month, you can try a couple of things:

Bfree271
Community Member

Unfortunately Google decided not to allow me to reduce the quality in the home app. Turning the cameras off makes them not worth having.  I just want the old app that actually functions well or to have the new app updated to function well. Before you respond that they do allow me to reduce the quality, high is not reducing quality.  Classic case of a developer not thinking before changing something.