cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my devices isn't sowing up on consle.nest.google.com

issac957
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have a lot of cameras in my house but it's all weird so I wanna add some cameras fast without the need to cut up and so on!! so I decided to add 2 Google Nest cameras, now since I have a lot of cameras and all with hikvision so I was trying to connect the Google Nest cameras to hikvision NVR but it should only display the live feet on the main screen that I have in my kitchen since hikvision offers the feature of adding IP cameras by adding there IP (of course needs to be on the same WI-FI) so I tried getting the URL to access the live feed from the camera using all google API's, so I made an API on cloud.google.com and made sure that the APIS is for smart device management API, then I created an account on console.nest.google.com (witch cost $5) and I connect it to the API, and tried to run a script that should retrieve the camera URL, now the main issue is that I can't get the product ID (meaning the camera ID) on console.nest.google.com but in the home app (google Home) I can see the camera + the protected ID, the issue is that I get getting an error when trying this saying that the prodeic ID isn't good, 
I am almost sure that the issue is that the camera isn't linked to the console.nest.google.com and the main problem is that there is no way to register a camera or link a camera there, but the funniest part is that I am using the same Gmail account for both the console.nest.google.com and the google home app and on the google home app I can see all my devices but on console.nest.google.com I can't see any of my devices,

now if anyone can help me in any matter like getting my nest camera on hikvision only for the live feed, I would be really great full!

3 REPLIES 3

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I'm pretty sure Google cut off all connections of the cameras to other systems a few years back for security reasons.  You can open a support ticket and and ask this question to an actual Google tech person here at this link:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

Then why is there nest console site still open? And why do they charge $5 to sign up if it's closed already?

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Good question,  I don't know.  Maybe try opening a support ticket and speaking to an actual google tech person.   Here is the link.  Once you answer the questions you will be given the chance to chat or phone call.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp