cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2nd generation Chromecast built in not working anymore

getimo
Community Member

Hello, I’m owning the Raumfeld Stereo L Speakers from Teufel: https://teufel.de/raumfeld-stereo-l-102749000

A few weeks ago the YouTube Music App stopped working with these speakers. The Teufel Support writes:

„Unfortunately, music streaming via Chromecast on second-generation devices only works to a limited extent or not at all. / Playback in speaker groups with current Google Cast devices is no longer possible. The cause is due to an older Cast version of the second-generation devices.
To enable streaming via the external Chromecast interface to a compatible speaker system, this device must not only have the Chromecast interface integrated, but also meet certain hardware requirements for it. These requirements have since been changed by the provider, so our Teufel Raumfeld 2nd generation devices, which were developed several years ago, no longer meet them. A firmware update of the Chromecast interface is unfortunately just as excluded as a hardware upgrade of the streaming system. We apologize for this development, which we did not foresee. / Alternatively, music services like Deezer and YouTube can be played on the speakers via Chrome browser for Windows or via "Stream Audio" from the Google Home app for Android (Home -> Device -> Stream Audio).“

I’m paying for YouTube Music, Paying for the speakers, paying for Google One and stillt can’t listen to music anymore. Since it worked before the must be a solution. Google, please work on that because otherwise it will produce a lot of electronic waste.

please help!

2 REPLIES 2

RXShorty
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi @getimo 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with casting.
This is one of the downsides of using "smart" speakers like Teufel with Raumfeld or Sonos, for that matter.

The internal hardware ages and the software keeps being developed, which eventually could lead to unsupported features and functions. At home I also have some Teufel speakers but went for the non smart ones because of this. There are streamboxes which could give you some better support and if they become outdated you just have to replace the streambox. Teufel has one called Teufel STREAMER. You can connect this to your speakers and make the more up to date again.

Sorry I don't have better news.

getimo
Community Member

So basically, Google decided to brick all devices just because of a change in the specifications. They decided to make customers angry. They decided to produce a huge amount of electronic waste.

The STREAMER of Teufel (3rd gen) doesn’t include chromecast built in anymore - because of Googles decisions.

I plugged in a Chromecast Audio, but it’s not ghat comfortable.