cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Advanced audio handling between Android 12 & chromecast

warproutine
Community Member

Running Android 12 on pixel 6 pro. Chromecast gen 3. I have an app for casting a timer to a chromecast device. When using this device, it blocks all audio on my phone from functioning. Neither my phone nor the TV make any noise when I have other apps open, YouTube, games, etc. This does not happen when casting anything else, I am sure the app was not well designed or is possibly outdated in how it handles audio. What I am here for is any suggestions for settings, dev options, third party apps, etc that may help me control how the audio channels are being used on my phone. Or other recommendations if I'm barking up the wrong tree... I'm familiar with desktop and networking backend environments. Android not so much. I suspect with the right access (if it's possible without going sdk) I can shut down this app's override/control/assignment that is causing the audio silence. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

warproutine
Community Member

Thought after posting that viewers may wish to know what app I was referring to. It's called "countdown on chromecast"