cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cast youtube to Chromecast

trunghai95
Community Member

Recently I cannot cast Youtube app from my iPhone to my Chromecast. I can see the Chromecast device from the Youtube app. When I choose it, the TV just shows the Youtube logo, the Youtube app says “Connecting…” but never got connected. After a while the TV shows “Something went wrong”. I have tried reinstalling the app, restarting my Chromecast, even fatory resetting the Chromecast but none worked. I tried using another phone and casting from youtube web from my PC but also didn’t work. 

2 Recommended AnswerS

Borba72
Community Member

Folks, I reset the Chromecast to factory settings and it started to work with Youtube again. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

MiraV
Community Member

Resetting the Chromecast worked for me as well. Weird when I had at least 8 other apps that could connect to the Chromecast when YT was failing the same as above. But after factory reset YT is working again. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Binouse
Community Member

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I tried with an Android phone and it's the same. I haven't been able to play YouTube content on my chromecast for two weeks. Everything else works, Netflix, Spotify...

Agrostar
Community Member

Same problem with android. Youtube logo, then no connection. All other app that can cast works fine. Worked 1-2 weeks ago. 

Borba72
Community Member

I've been having exactly the same problem. Started out of the blue a few days ago. Can't find a permanent solution on the internet anywhere, just stuff like "check for updates", "reboot your modem" and so on. Nothing fixes it. 

Borba72
Community Member

Folks, I reset the Chromecast to factory settings and it started to work with Youtube again. 

MiraV
Community Member

Resetting the Chromecast worked for me as well. Weird when I had at least 8 other apps that could connect to the Chromecast when YT was failing the same as above. But after factory reset YT is working again. 

trunghai95
Community Member

Update: It works now after my second factory reset