cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast not seeing my laptop

EJC
Community Member

Hi,

I had Chromecast reading from my laptop to the TV for years... until this morning. Numerous times today, I have reset the chromecast, unplugged & replugged the chromecast to the power. the chromecast appears on my TV but not on my laptop. I am using chrome web browser.
I have added the Home app to my Android phone & tablet and they can both see the Chromecast and when I go to th room `living room` is recognises it but cannot see a device to connect. In the meantime, I`m watching the TV on my laptop sitting in the``living room`.

What can I do........?
Thank you

2 Recommended AnswerS

EJC
Community Member

Sorry, my mobile & tablet can see the TV but not my laptop. I don`t wantto connect my mobile & tablet to the laptop, I want to connect the TV and laptop. There was no updates that I`m aware of recently.

View Recommended Answer in original post

EJC
Community Member

Hi,

I went to Chomecast help and texted a Google helper. It appears that Avast software was interrupting with Chromecast, although I have had both on my laptop/router for 1 years or so. Avast wasn`t showing Chromecast or Chrome as Blocked bu the moment the Firewall was disabled, I could see the devise and could cast. So.... ended up uninstalling Avast and everything is fine now.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EJC
Community Member

Sorry, my mobile & tablet can see the TV but not my laptop. I don`t wantto connect my mobile & tablet to the laptop, I want to connect the TV and laptop. There was no updates that I`m aware of recently.

EJC
Community Member

Hi,

I went to Chomecast help and texted a Google helper. It appears that Avast software was interrupting with Chromecast, although I have had both on my laptop/router for 1 years or so. Avast wasn`t showing Chromecast or Chrome as Blocked bu the moment the Firewall was disabled, I could see the devise and could cast. So.... ended up uninstalling Avast and everything is fine now.