cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast not seen

Kerryn
Community Member

Hi,

I moved house, the TV and the chromecast both came. I set them up originally but now, I cannot get anything to see the chromecast device. The Wifi and phone has changed (it was on hotspot where it was, and now it is a different hotspot), but the TV just shows no-signal so I cannot update it there. Plugged into the laptop and it is still unseen. Trying to find it on the app nets no results - it just times out and returns to the "what do you want to set up" screen. I have tried resetting, changing ports, unplugging, everything. I feel like I'm missing something obvious but Google is not helping. Device is a year old. White light flashing, so it is alive. I just can't see it to change the internet settings. 

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You’ll need to factory reset your Chromecast, then set it up again using your new Wi-Fi network and password. If you're using Chromecast with Google TV, follow these setup steps instead.

Instead of factory resetting your Chromecast, if you're comfortable changing your router settings, you can change your new Wi-Fi network name and password in your router's settings to be the same as the previous ones. Your device should then automatically connect to the Wi-Fi.