cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast shows Resolution and FPS in the bottom right corner

hilfordjames
Community Member

Chromecast shows Resolution and FPS in the bottom right corner

Ever since I installed Windows 11 update 2 days ago, anything I cast from my PC through Chromecast displays screen resolution and a rolling time clock at the bottom right of the screen. 

60 REPLIES 60

Toddles
Community Member

I'm using Windows 11 home version 22 H2 OS build 22623.1020 casting from chrome with cast player extension to my Chromecast and it is also displaying all those freaking numbers in the bottom right hand side of the screen it's not on my computer itself only when I cast my TV

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed this onto the Chrome team

Granvin
Community Member

Hi all,

I am currently having this problem, has Chrome updated a solution yet?

Kia ora, 

No but thanks for letting us know, I've forwarded them this notification...

electricjoshua
Community Member

I just started having this a few days ago after a big Windows Update.  Nice to see that I'm in good company.

woofmaster
Community Member

I have the same problem which started recently on my Dell laptop casting to Nvidia Shield either tab or screen.  It occurs when casting from Chrome or Edge.  I've never joined Windows Insider and am running Win11 Home 22H2 22621.963. 
However, on my custom built desktop I don't have this issue - its running Win11 Enterprise 22H2 22621.963.

hilfordjames
Community Member

Thanks for the feedback - I've had an update from Chrome Support today and there still not having any luck fixing the issue

Rightomate
Community Member

I have same issue. This is months old ticket now.  Would be nice for someone to pull their finger out actually address the problem @Chrome 

Totally agree, I get the impression that the issue to too small for them to put any time into it. 

I got help from Microsoft Tech support. We had to create a new user profile on Windows 11 and it went away. Not sure if the tech did anything else as I had to give remote access. It was quite a task but it fixed it. 

Interesting, I've reinstalled Windows 11 Pro a number of times since this issue has occurred and the problem still persists, not sure how a user profile would create this scenario - did they give you any idea what settings changed under your new profile?

Sorry for not replying sooner.  I have no idea beyond the new profile what the tech support did remotely but it took some time.  I will add that my system became very laggy subsequent to this and I recently deleted the second user profile which has sped up my system considerably and the casting is still perfect.  

You wouldn't happen to have the tech agent name you dealt with?

Mohammad

Case #:1047643425 

Good luck and hope they can do something globally to fix for all in the future!

Coxy13
Community Member

Glad that I found this and know that I'm definitely not the only one with this issue then. 

It definitely occurred for me when I did the Windows 22H2 build 22621.963 update on September 28th for me, and like you hilford I am not part of the Insider program either. Reading this thread inclines me to believe that the bulk of the issue resides with Windows there too.

Will keep following here if there are any resolution updates, but with the Go Back option not available to me anymore either, I fear that we either have to wait for the next major Windows update or the issue becomes more widespread that Windows/Google have to address it.

jtessnear222
Community Member

Also having this issue on the two TV screens we use at work. Following this post to hopefully get an answer.

jguiii
Community Member

Got this issue on my Chromecast with Google TV. Any update yet?

No update at all....

This is the email I've been contacting them on 

chromecast-support  

@google.com

and this is the case ID

Case ID [7-3364000033498]

and Jayson is the agent

Coxy13
Community Member

Uhhh update alert here.....it's gone from my tv screen!!!

I'm not sure when exactly it happened as I was away at my girlfriends place for the long weekend (Australia), but casting to my tv screen now and the annoying resolution and fps is there no more!

Looking at my update history, I have had 2 updates over the past few days, KB4023057 on January 26 and KB5022360 on January 28. I don't know which on of those has done the job but I am presuming that one of them has, hope you all have the same success with your updates then!

Aidanciyo
Community Member

I can confirm it dissapear for me

Yes finally it appears to have been resolved! 

Well done team