cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Could not communicate with chromecast from your iphone

nkm
Community Member

This is basically a reboot of many other threads, e.g. https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Chromecast/Chromecast-not-connection-to-wifi-anymore/m-p/1005...

My chromecast worked perfectly as of yesterday. Today it didn't appear as a device to cast to from chrome on my laptop, or from my podcast app on my phone. On the advice of google's help pages, I did a factory reset of the chromecast, but now I am unable to set it up!

My devices (have tried with both iphone and ipad) detect the chromecast, I get through the code verification, but things go wrong at the wifi network step. After selecting the correct wifi network it stalls on the "Connecting to Wi-Fi" screen for a while, then flashes "Connected" for just a moment before switching to "Something went wrong," explaining that the phone/tablet cannot communicate with the chromecast. The display on the TV just stays at "connecting to wi-fi."

I have tried everything in every other thread I could find. I turned off/on the TV, the chromecast, the router, the phone, the wifi and data on the phone, restarted the google home app, confirmed that local network access is turned on, and factory reset the chromecast multiple times. No luck.

The one thing I haven't tried from other threads is a 2.4 vs 5 GHz check, because my router bundles both bands with a single network name and doesn't let me control which one I connect to.

Help?

0 REPLIES 0