cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google products disconnecting from iPhone

Gr8lyFrustrated
Community Member

I have Google Home and Chromecast. They previously worked without issue but now will not connect with my iPhone. I’ve done all suggested fixes, tried resetting, restarting and reinstalling the app. My internet and WiFi are working properly but when I try to set up either device I get the same message:

”… may be set up, but we could not communicate with it from your iPhone. Make sure that you have enabled local network access in your iPhone’s privacy settings. Then try again.”

Why have my devices quit communicating with my iPhone?!

5 REPLIES 5

burncreek
Community Member

Having the exactly same problem. 2nd gen CC, iOS 15.3.

Gr8lyFrustrated
Community Member

I have two 3rd gen CCs and I saw that iOS had another update: 15.3.1. I installed it hoping it was a fix to the issue but I still cannot connect. 

I’ve talked to both Google support and Apple support and no fixes are working. They each say it’s an issue with the other. Apple said Google needs to address the issue and Google said Apple is not cooperating. I told them both that I’m a consumer stuck in the middle and I just want my products to work as they did prior to updating to iOS and if they are no longer going to work together I’d like to know. I’m am now on Twitter DMs community with Google and asked the same question. Waiting on a response. 

Hi folks,

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Chromecast device. Let's sort this out. 

@Gr8lyFrustrated, were you able to get a response from the support you talked to? 

Please try the steps below and let me know how it goes:

1. Make sure the setup device is near with your Chromecast.
  2. Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
  3. Enable local network access to the Google Home app. Here's how: Phone's Settings > Tap Privacy > Tap Local Network > Select the Google Home app.
  4. If the same issue occurs, go to the Wi-Fi settings of your phone  > Connect to the Chromecast SSID or network name.
  5. Try a different setup device.
  6. Do another factory reset on your Chromecast.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hey folks,

It's me again. I want to make sure you're all good — did those steps help?

Regards,

Jennifer

Hi there,

Just checking in to make sure that you saw my response. I'll be locking this thread if we won't hear back from you again in 24 hrs. Should that happen, feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future.

Thanks,

Jennifer