cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Phone unable to discover cast devices

jmaxim917
Community Member

I'm using a Pixex 7 Pro with the latest update and I'm unable to cast to any device. I have 2 chromecast and a chromecast with Google TV, a couple smart speakers including a nest speaker. All devices are working in the Google Home app. All speakers work for Google Assistant. I also have an Android 10 phone and it works fine. All devices are on the same network and the problem started within the past couple of weeks. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 Recommended Answer

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Sorry, just need to add to this.   Be sure you only have one wifi network at home , if you have multiple then be sure your phone is connected to the same wifi as your Chromecast.   Some people for example have a 2.4 ghz network and a 5ghz network.  

Also be sure to reboot your phone , as well as your router, to force reconnections for all devices.

Finally , for the Chromecasts, are they plugged into the wall for power, or are you plugged into a USB port on the TV? Please be sure to use a wall outlet, as USB ports on TV's can cause many issues.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Sorry, just need to add to this.   Be sure you only have one wifi network at home , if you have multiple then be sure your phone is connected to the same wifi as your Chromecast.   Some people for example have a 2.4 ghz network and a 5ghz network.  

Also be sure to reboot your phone , as well as your router, to force reconnections for all devices.

Finally , for the Chromecasts, are they plugged into the wall for power, or are you plugged into a USB port on the TV? Please be sure to use a wall outlet, as USB ports on TV's can cause many issues.

I restarted the router and problem solved. I should have tried this. Thanks so much for your response and help.