cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Problem with chromecast 1st gen

Anantais
Community Member

Got a 1st gen chromecast on Bell wifi 2.4ghz from Android phone apps. Up to a few weeks ago all was fine. Since then, suddenly, pixelized images, continuous buffering sometimes every 10+ seconds, image and sound out of phase sometimes. Got this from all streaming apps (Netflix, prime, crave, tou.tv, recording on Bell fibe app). I resetted both router and chromecast by unplugging... No difference.

When I play same recordings from Bell pvr all is good. 

Any clue? Chromecast done? Bell wifi problem? 

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can try to isolate the issue  by connecting it to a Wifi hotspot. Note you will need 2 devices to set this up.

• Turn on the Wifi hotspot feature on a phone or tablet. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to the manufacturer's support website.
  • Connect a second phone or tablet to that Wifi hotspot.
  • You can then use that second phone or tablet to setup your device and connect it to the Wifi hotspot on the first phone or tablet.

If the issue doesn't occur when using a Wifi hotspot, that suggests an issue with your Wifi network and I'd suggest contacting your internet service provider. If the issue still occurs when using the Wifi hotspot, that suggests an issue with the Chromecast, and I'd recommend factory resetting it. Note unplugging it does not reset it, you need to follow the steps I'll link below.

How to factory reset your Chromecast - Chromecast Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can try to isolate the issue  by connecting it to a Wifi hotspot. Note you will need 2 devices to set this up.

• Turn on the Wifi hotspot feature on a phone or tablet. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to the manufacturer's support website.
  • Connect a second phone or tablet to that Wifi hotspot.
  • You can then use that second phone or tablet to setup your device and connect it to the Wifi hotspot on the first phone or tablet.

If the issue doesn't occur when using a Wifi hotspot, that suggests an issue with your Wifi network and I'd suggest contacting your internet service provider. If the issue still occurs when using the Wifi hotspot, that suggests an issue with the Chromecast, and I'd recommend factory resetting it. Note unplugging it does not reset it, you need to follow the steps I'll link below.

How to factory reset your Chromecast - Chromecast Help

Anantais
Community Member

Factory reset. Problem solved! 

Anantais
Community Member

Thank you David. I actually had the same idea last night while trying to sleep,😴 ans i will try that today, see if it works. I will report back.