cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

casting from mini does not show videos to choose from. no overlay

eighty666
Community Member

when asking a mini to play videos from youtube it tells me to choose a video but shows no options. there's been an overlay for years with thumbnails of videos but now nothing

the mini continues to listen.. i can pick a random number... and the video plays

also when telling a hub display to play music on a max speaker - again, no overlay with album art, just ambient art

where have all my overlays gone and does anyone have a workaround? chromecast is dead in the water as it is

45 REPLIES 45

eighty666
Community Member

whole whole chromecast line is dead, unsupported and discontinued. this was deliberately introduced so google tv looks better. buy some of those instead

BarnDawg
Community Member

Do you have a link to where it says it is discontinued? I can't see anything official? 

Your suggestion of just buying Google TV doesn't solve the problem as it also doesn't show a selection of options when calling out to a Google speaker. That's the functionality we are missing.

sarojkmohapatra
Community Member

I’m still facing the same issue. 
anyone able to resolve it by any means?

all known things, that I can try as an user are not working. I tried all the below.

reset MINI

reset chromecast 

try using browser

try using different PCs 

try using different mobiles 

try while standing on one leg

you have to buy an alexa. this product line is dead and unsupported

Lee_Feral
Community Member

I also have the same issue, been over a year since it worked properly. It seems google are trying to make google products look bad and not worth buying anymore, like they hate ever having made smart devices, now deter new customers by purposely stuffing up devices. We know they can have it work again, it worked fine for a few years before they did this to us! 

eighty666
Community Member

all you have to do is call up your paymrnt provider, explain how the broken and unsupported products are still being mis-sold, get a refund, buy alexa devices and  go on holiday with all your spare money. some fire sticks, echo and a week in ibiza sorted out all my problems