cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are you happy with Google customer support?

LucaGabrielli
Community Member

Hi,

we're building 3 new houses with 3 flats per house on the same land and we are at the point of selecting a brand from various home automation stuffs. Basically we want to install multiple wifis, smart locks on many doors and garage, smart lighting for common areas, alarms, automatic doors for the disabled and for car garage etc.

I immediately thought about the Nest brand, but am also looking at the quality of customer service. This is where I'm confused. where is the help website? Where do you guys customer support? 

On this website, I went through many posts from the last 9 months and I notice that almost all support requests don't get any help from Google support. The only (very rare) help I see is from other forum members.

Is googlenestcommunity the correct place for support? Or is there another website?

3 Recommended AnswerS

MotoringMariah
Community Member

Luca, I agree with you that most questions asked get a Thank You from Garrett (Google Home Automation Moderator) and that's it.   He's more than willing to take our ideas and suggestions and share them with development.  You don't really get questions answered here from Google Support IMO you get questions answered from other users struggling to figure out how this stuff works.  I for one am struggling and think I did a post about things I wish I had known before I started down the GHA path.  I'm gradually working what works and doesn't and for me right now the Tuya Brand and Smart Life App rock the best.   Yes GHA brings it all together and gives you voice commands but Smart Life is so far along Google should buy them and integrate their features/technology into GHA IMO.....

View Recommended Answer in original post

SamInPgh
Community Member

As a software engineer and customer support rep with over 25 years experience working for multinational vendors, and as a Google customer who has been struggling to get two simple Nest Mini Gen2 wifi speakers to work reliably in my home for a year now, my advice is to steer clear of Google products. Although their hardware is decently designed and made, there is absolutely no way I would ever trust their software or their customer support in protecting my home from burglars, fire, frozen pipes, or even basic home automation functions such as lighting or audio streaming. Their support division is completely opaque, generic, and script-driven, whether communicating on the forums, social media, email, or even by phone --- all of which I have direct experience with. Please look elsewhere. You will regret it if you don't. Good luck.

Hello, Garrett. The "issue" being discussed here is Google support, and it is not confusing at all. It is crystal clear to most of us that Google is not up to the task of supporting its products in any meaningful or helpful way. The original poster has been made aware of that fact by the community and has wisely decided to look elsewhere for a solution to his multi-home security and automation needs. Thanks for checking in, though. Have a nice day. 

6 REPLIES 6

MotoringMariah
Community Member

Luca, I agree with you that most questions asked get a Thank You from Garrett (Google Home Automation Moderator) and that's it.   He's more than willing to take our ideas and suggestions and share them with development.  You don't really get questions answered here from Google Support IMO you get questions answered from other users struggling to figure out how this stuff works.  I for one am struggling and think I did a post about things I wish I had known before I started down the GHA path.  I'm gradually working what works and doesn't and for me right now the Tuya Brand and Smart Life App rock the best.   Yes GHA brings it all together and gives you voice commands but Smart Life is so far along Google should buy them and integrate their features/technology into GHA IMO.....

SamInPgh
Community Member

As a software engineer and customer support rep with over 25 years experience working for multinational vendors, and as a Google customer who has been struggling to get two simple Nest Mini Gen2 wifi speakers to work reliably in my home for a year now, my advice is to steer clear of Google products. Although their hardware is decently designed and made, there is absolutely no way I would ever trust their software or their customer support in protecting my home from burglars, fire, frozen pipes, or even basic home automation functions such as lighting or audio streaming. Their support division is completely opaque, generic, and script-driven, whether communicating on the forums, social media, email, or even by phone --- all of which I have direct experience with. Please look elsewhere. You will regret it if you don't. Good luck.

LucaGabrielli
Community Member

It's crazy that Google still sell hardware with zero customer support!

In any case, I will indeed avoid anything Google. Sorry google, but customer support is as important as the product you sell.

Hey there,
Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to drop in here to help.

I understand that this issue can be confusing but I definitely wanted to stop by and see how I could help.

Just wanted to double check to see if you were still needing help on this? If so, what troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Please let me know.

Best regards,
Garrett DS

Hello, Garrett. The "issue" being discussed here is Google support, and it is not confusing at all. It is crystal clear to most of us that Google is not up to the task of supporting its products in any meaningful or helpful way. The original poster has been made aware of that fact by the community and has wisely decided to look elsewhere for a solution to his multi-home security and automation needs. Thanks for checking in, though. Have a nice day. 

Hey folks,
It looks like we have come to a solution so I'm going to be locking this thread. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to create a new thread.

Have a great day.
Garrett DS