cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Change "Hey Google" or "Ok Google" wake phrase.

Zinc
Community Member

I know you cannot change "Ok google" or "Hey google" phrase. 

I know the person reading this has no authority to make it happen immediately.

I know the google employee that answers this is going to respond to this with the same copy paste phrase as similar posts, ask if I have any additional questions and lock the thread. 

But SERIOUSLY is there anyway this can work its way up the ladder and it ever change? Everyone wants to be able to name/ change their device wake word. So yeah if it could happen some day that'd be cool.

1 Recommended Answer

anishyadav
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Currently the smart home devices within Google Home ecosystem require users to provide a wake word (“Hey Google or OK Google”) at the beginning of voice invocations. This is mainly a requirement coming from the natural language processing pipeline we use, running inside each of our devices. As a global company, supporting different wake words across multiple languages, each come with different dialects, with variations of speech tones and patterns, from every single device that can run assistant (built with different hardware components) is a pretty big engineering challenge to do reliably.

That being said, for features like this, I recommend creating a feature request in our public issue tracker.  Our teams do follow each request coming from there, and evaluate our upcoming roadmap.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Zinc
Community Member

* oh and yeah you can link the usual "have you tried leaving feedback?" 

Will do, does not seem to actually matter or change anything ever unfortunately . But link it anyways 

anishyadav
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Currently the smart home devices within Google Home ecosystem require users to provide a wake word (“Hey Google or OK Google”) at the beginning of voice invocations. This is mainly a requirement coming from the natural language processing pipeline we use, running inside each of our devices. As a global company, supporting different wake words across multiple languages, each come with different dialects, with variations of speech tones and patterns, from every single device that can run assistant (built with different hardware components) is a pretty big engineering challenge to do reliably.

That being said, for features like this, I recommend creating a feature request in our public issue tracker.  Our teams do follow each request coming from there, and evaluate our upcoming roadmap.

Beaver
Community Member

I'm afraid if this isn't added soon my next home automation devices will not be Google devices.  At least there is a competitive product that does allow it.

DroidMan
Community Member

YES YOU CAN!!!

I discovered it while I was learning my CLT-L29 human speech 🙂