cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up: Philips Hue Change Impacting Scripted Automations!

GoogleNestTeam
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey everyone,

We wanted to keep you in the loop about some recent changes related to Philips Hue sensors that might impact your scripted automations. Philips Hue has updated their sensor device configuration to use the TemperatureSetting trait (previously this used TemperatureControl).

Scripted automations containing the TemperatureControl  trait might start to fail when the Philips Hue changes go live. To get your scripted automations working again, you’ll need to update your scripts to use the TemperatureSetting trait instead. After you update your script to use TemperatureSetting, you’ll be able to use ambient temperature as a starter or condition again. We recommend using autocomplete to help you make these changes so your script validates and can be run.

We apologize for the inconvenience, please use the comments below to provide feedback and keep us aware of anything else you are encountering with your scripts once these changes are live.

Thank you,
The Google Nest Team

5 REPLIES 5

JeremyJoe82
Community Member

I don't think I have Temperaturesetting on my device , so can you please explain what it is?

If you don't have Nest automations programmed to read data from Philips Hue motion sensors, then you probably don't care.  https://labs.meethue.com/formulas/huelabs/temperature-monitor  Sounds like Hue developers changed a variable name.

kelanfromgoogle

Hey @JeremyJoe82,

@Wherdgo is correct. If you haven't intentionally created a scripted automation using either of these traits, then the changes most likely won't impact you.

davidlily343
Community Member

okay no problem, fix it as possible

davidlily343
Community Member

Don't worry, it's an easy fix: just swap "TemperatureControl" to "TemperatureSetting" in your scripts. Autocomplete can help you out too!