cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@How to change ISP provider for Nest App

Marrae
Community Member

Hello, I would like to switch my Nest Doorbell Camera away from my phone to my desktop monitor. My cell phone charges are just to expensive to keep the camera view on the phone. My desktop monitor has a different ISP provider with unlimited data.  And I can watch it from there each day as I work from home. I have brought up the Nest app and view on both my phone and desktop to see how it acts. I would like to test it for a time on my desktop monitor before deleting the camera from my phone.   My question.... is this switch going to be possible, meaning Nest will let me switch ISP providers? I have to ask even the dumb questions....) So far I can't see how to view real time on my desktop monitor like I can on my phone. How do I set this up to act the same, give the same view as my phone app? Thanks for all the good information here!

1 Recommended Answer

Thank you for good info.  Yes, moving Wi-Fi network providers.   I will try.  I want to use a different email and a different ISP to bring Nest camera up on my office desktop monitor and get it off my phone.   Hopefully, I can do this.    I guess it wasn't to dumb to ask.... if Nest would let me move these...ugh.  Sounds like it might be difficult.   Thank you.  I will try.  

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Marrae 

You wouldn't be switching your Nest doorbell from your phone to your desktop monitor, but rather would be switching from the Wi-Fi network used by your phone to the Wi-Fi network used by your computer.

Google Nest does not make it easy to change Wi-Fi settings. That's why their first recommendation is to set the network name (SSID) and password on a new router/modem to the same values used on your old router/modem.

Since in your case you'll be switching to an existing router/modem with a network name (SSID) and password already set up, the alternative process--unfortunately--is to remove each of your Google Nest devices from the Google Nest app or Google Home app (as appropriate), factory reset each device, and reinstall them in the Google Nest app or Google Home app on the new Wi-Fi network.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9223711

You should be able to view 1st gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells on your computer on the home.nest.com website, and both 1st and 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells on the home.google.com website.

Thank you for good info.  Yes, moving Wi-Fi network providers.   I will try.  I want to use a different email and a different ISP to bring Nest camera up on my office desktop monitor and get it off my phone.   Hopefully, I can do this.    I guess it wasn't to dumb to ask.... if Nest would let me move these...ugh.  Sounds like it might be difficult.   Thank you.  I will try.  

@Marrae 

If you are also intending to change your email address, then you should know that means you are also creating a new Nest Account, and you will have to use a Google Account for that.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/10503498

You will then log into the Google Nest app with this Google Account and reinstall your devices on your computer's Wi-Fi network.

You can find factory reset instructions here (note that the Restart instructions are first, then the Factory Reset instructions).

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9252162

Marrae
Community Member

How do I find the page on Nest app to sign-in/register with my new information?   Thank you. 

Marrae
Community Member

Yes, I'm sorry....  I see it.   thank you!