cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matter gone?

fabnapp
Community Member

Hey, it seems Matter support is gone for the moment?

All my Matter devices in Google Home (Eve devices over Thread) now show as offline and when adding devices the top option Matter is gone

Anybody Else? 

4 Recommended AnswerS

nRF-N00b
Community Member

Hi @Juni , just to follow up. Is there any one at Google looking into this issue? Is it a bug or has Matter commissioning via Google Home app been turned off? A status update or advice would be appreciated as I need to get matter working with Google Nest Hub.

Let me know if you need any further info or details. Thanks.

View Recommended Answer in original post

Sutty5
Community Member

Has this same issue for months. This is completely broken. Is someone at Google actually aware of and actively working on the issues? I have matter devices I cannot commission because the option keeps disappearing from Android. I had it 2 weeks ago, haven't been able to force it back in any way since. Despite having border routers and devices ready to commission.

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

adb shell dumpsys package com.google.android.gms | grep "versionName"

adb shell dumpsys activity provider com.google.android.gms.chimera.container.GmsModuleProvider | grep "com.google.android.gms.home"

adb shell dumpsys activity provider com.google.android.gms.chimera.container.GmsModuleProvider | grep "com.google.android.gms.optional_home"

adb shell dumpsys activity provider com.google.android.gms.chimera.container.GmsModuleProvider | grep "com.google.android.gms.policy_home"

adb shell dumpsys activity provider com.google.android.gms.chimera.container.GmsModuleProvider | grep "com.google.android.gms.threadnetwork"

adb shell dumpsys package com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app | grep versionName

adb shell dumpsys activity provider com.google.android.gms.chimera.container.GmsModuleProvider | grep "Enabled features" | grep -i "home"

adb shell getprop ro.build.version.release

adb shell getprop ro.build.version.sdk

We have made changes that should impact this issue and would like to confirm if you're still experiencing the problem. If you are still experiencing the problem, please check the versions on your phone (command above). If you have versions < prefixes 23.05 / 2305, please ensure the home app and play services are up to date and check again. If you have versions >= 2305 and still experience the issue, please share here.

fabnapp
Community Member

The latest update fixed it... for a day

Now it is gone again.

Please Please Please somebody from Google tell what is going on? Is this the desired experience?

@sipriyadarshi ?

45 REPLIES 45

fabnapp
Community Member

I followed this now https://developers.home.google.com/matter/verify-services?

Did work on one phone, other still the same. Does anybody know another way to force GMS to install the matter function? Google Home does not do the trick 

You need to install an app which requests a matter function from GMS.. If it´s not installed GMS will install it.

Code looks like this (for the Matter discovery client):

ModuleInstall.getClient(this)
.getInstallModulesIntent(Matter.getDiscoveryClient(this))
.addOnSuccessListener { response ->
if (response.pendingIntent != null) {
downloadModuleLauncher.launch(
IntentSenderRequest.Builder(response.pendingIntent!!.intentSender).build()
)
} else {
Timber.i("Home Module Install module already installed")
}
}
.addOnFailureListener { ex ->
Timber.e(ex, "Home Module Install download failed")
}

fabnapp
Community Member

Shure but which one? Can you point me to one?

fabnapp
Community Member

The latest update fixed it... for a day

Now it is gone again.

Please Please Please somebody from Google tell what is going on? Is this the desired experience?

@sipriyadarshi ?

fabnapp
Community Member

Can we please get some sort of acknowledgement that this is an issue? Not really a rare one I must say? Tks

MatthewW
Community Member

I just picked up a nest hub max to find myself here, people looking for answers and experiencing the same issues I am.. from 8 months ago.. I am unable to 'add new matter device' as stated in ALL the documentation online as the option on the home app is non existent. I'll return my device now thanks.