Here's how you replicate an issue affecting scenes, or at least what's happened to me:
In my account and in Household Routines
- I add a Scene as an action to a routine. I've tried Philips Hue and Samsung SmartThings scenes so far.
- The scene executes fine when I start the routine
Switch Over to my spouse's account and in Household Routines
- The scene is not found in the routine and doesn't execute when the routine is run.
- I can't add the scenes in this other account. Scenes don't show up as an option under Adjust Home Devices.
- When I return to my own account, the scene action is no longer in the routine.
I have a statement from another person who describes a similar problem within their home. It seems for them they can add scenes to routines in their spouses account, but then the scene is still removed when they switch back.
I think the issue is worse than that too. if I run the routine from my spouse's account, then return to mine, I get a 403 error page that says I don't have access to the routine.
Edit: And one final update. After an hour or so, the scene comes back to my routine in my original account. It's pretty weird stuff.
Anyone have any different results, and anyone have an idea what's gone wrong?
We apologize for the inconvenience. Having this kind of concern can really take a toll. Let me help you find the solution. It would help a lot if you could do a sequential reboot first. From your router, unplug the power cord followed by your Nest speakers then, your smart devices. Plug them back starting with your router.
It’s also best to remove and re-add your spouse as a home member to refresh its link. Follow the steps below:
For more info and troubleshooting, check out this guide.
Keep us posted.