cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching tabs while casting

sly808
Community Member

I'm new to casting and currently using a Dell laptop for work. (Have always been a Mac person) Is there an easier way to switch what tabs I'm casting without stopping the cast altogether? I know I'm able to cast my whole screen but there are tabs I have open that I don't want everyone to see while casting. I present different tabs while teaching but I, of course, have lots of tabs open. It's been very inconvenient to stop the cast, choose the new tab I want to cast, and cast again. Wondering if there is an easier way to do it. 

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No unfortunately, you've described the current way this works. You either cast a single tab, and need to stop casting that tab to cast a different one. Or you can cast your entire screen, and it will show whatever tab you have open and you can switch between them.

rockfish
Community Member

Firstly, maybe a stupid question but firstly - does one HAVE to cast from the Google  Chrome browser ? Or can one use another browser with Chromecast (Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.)?

Secondly, not sure if this is EXACTLY what the original questioner was going for but since even Google search can't seem to locate the answer no matter what I type in,,,,,,,

Not sure if this is what the OP was going for but,

I have 2 browser tabs open. Tab A has my yahoo email in it.

Tab B has an online (website, Netflix, Youtube, whatever) movie running and is presently being cast via Chromecast to my TV.

Can I switch to Tab A (Yahoo email) and work within that tab while Tab B REMAINS casting the movie in Tab B ?

I am assuming, if "Yes", that it doesn't matter how many other tabs I have open I can keep casting the movie and work in any other tab at the same time without interrupting the movie, yes ?

TIA

vscarpati
Community Member

HS teacher here looking for the same fix as well!