I have at home 3 Google Nests.
One of those three is not stable due to unwanted deletion of the device.
In the Google Home app I can see in history that my account has deleted the device and this happens at very odd hours like middle of the night when I am sure I was sleeping at that moment.
* I changed the account - didn't work.
* I switched places with the device as I have multiple ones. - didn't work the error is always on the same Nest device.
Now I have to reinstall the device every 2 or 3 days (not funny).
That certainly hasn't been easy for you — let's figure this out.
Could you tell me what Google Nest device you're referring to? Also, are you using a public or private network?
Thanks for the follow-up. It's the Nest mini I have on every floor. And it's just one which give me trouble.
I am using a private network.
The Nest mini is now at less then 5 meters from the router so I don't think the network connection is the problem.
Seems so strange that in the history of the events in Google home it is mentionned that my own userid has deleted the device and this at hours where I am not active...
I happens I just did my usualy work.
1. Delte name of device in Google home because it is not active anymore.
2. Reset the device to factory settings
3. Re-install the device and it works nicely ...until my user wille delete it which would be less than 48 hours.
Thanks for the information.
A few more questions:
Keep us posted!
Sorry seems as my last message hasn't been send.
- Frequenty of unlinking is between 24 and 72 hours. (The last one was 48 hours).
- I don't receive any message at all. Aftre the unlinking the Nest mini is in a state where he ask my to use the google home account to install the device.
- Firmware version of System is 279716.
Firmware version of Cast is 1.54.279716
- Could you clarify your question about the feedback report? Is that a manualy written report starting with the necessay and the information about the frequency of unlinking even after a factory reset?
One quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need assistance, feel free to start a new thread in the community and we’ll be happy to help.
Due to inactivity, I'll go ahead and lock this thread in 24 hours. Feel free to start a new thread if you need assistance with your Google speakers and we'd be glad to assist you further.